GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
@thehuddlereport Cowboys putting together a package trying to get into top 3 for Clowney. Deal would include 16th pick 2015 1st rounder + CB Morris Claiborne

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I hope that's not true. I don't care about Claiborne, but sure as shit don't want to lose next years first rounder.

I hope to hell Houston takes him first so Jerry doesn't even have time to harbor this stupid idea.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that. Our first isn't worth that much, and the rest of the league knows Claiborne is pretty much a bust.

I don't think we have the ammo to even get up that high, honestly. A couple of years ago if we wanted to trade Ware, then maybe.

Reaction score
It's very Jerry! Losing Ware means Jerry's appetite for a Ware replacement may lead to some rash decisions. The question is: How good IS Clowney? How much better is he than say, Ziggy Ansah .

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just want to dump Claiborne, but I hate the idea of losing a 1st rounder next year.

I doubt it's true though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last yr Miami traded very little to move up to 3rd from where they were (11 or 12 I think)The price of these trade ups seems to keep going down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Marinelli believes Clowney is a dominant franchise caliber defensive player, then trading our one this yr and next yr would be well worth it as long as they maximize their draft this yr. I'd hate to give up on Claiborne so soon because I still think he can be a good CB, I'd rather throw in Bruce Carter (poor effort, mediocre season last yr and in last yr of contract) or maybe a later pick.

Clowney was absolutely sensational as a FR and SOPH

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last yr Miami traded very little to move up to 3rd from where they were (11 or 12 I think)The price of these trade ups seems to keep going down.

Big difference between 11 and 12 and 16, though... That's that thing, those four other teams probably want Clowney (or a QB), too, and their picks are better than ours.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can see this trade happening if Jerry agrees to pay someone full time to tie Claiborne's shoes and take him to the bathroom.

Top Bottom