Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones seemed ruffled only once while talking to reporters for about a half hour outside the AT&T Stadium home locker room following Sunday night’s season-ending loss.

Jones didn’t appear to appreciate being asked if he ever felt embarrassed in the wake of the Cowboys missing the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season and losing a win-or-go-home Week 17 game for the third straight year.

“I don’t know,” Jones snapped. "Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously.”

After a moment of awkward silence, another reporter attempted to ask a question before being interrupted by Jones. “The answer is no. Not at all.”

What does the beautiful $1.2 billion stadium have to do with the mediocre results the Cowboys have been getting on the field?

The fact that Jones references the stadium when asked about the football product illustrates one of the major issues of having a marketing man serve as the franchise’s general manager.

Jones is without question of the most successful businessman in NFL history. That shouldn't justify the job he's done as a general manager.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
“I don’t know,” Jones snapped. "Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously.”

This is Jerry at his most honest moment.

Most of us already knew this. Some are learning now.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
"I am a fucking billionaire, talking to lowly media members who crave my attention, surrounded by my billion dollar toy, in my billion dollar stadium."

Yea, I see his point. I wouldn't be embarrassed either. If you were a professional used car salesman, who managed to get your dream job on the side where you got to compete against world class professionals in your hobby, would you be embarrassed by being average at your hobby? He was good enough at his hobby to get a billion dollar stadium built.

To put it more concisely. Asking jones if he is embarrassed is like asking a billionaire dressed up like a train conductor if he is embarrassed that he is having trouble with the railway switches on the mountain pass of his Lionel train set. Yea he is not embarrassed.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's a businessman, that's all he cares about. As long as he fills his stadium with events and makes profit he doesn't give a shit about anything else.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's a businessman, that's all he cares about. As long as he fills his stadium with events and makes profit he doesn't give a shit about anything else.

And it's totally lost on him that if he put out a winning product, that'd he make more money.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry: "Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously.”
And he DID get embarrassed, every time the packed house booed lustily when his ugly idiot mug was displayed on that gaudy big screen.

His stadium has been surpassed, just like his "three super bowls" and everything else except his boozing.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And he DID get embarrassed, every time the packed house booed lustily when his ugly idiot mug was displayed on that gaudy big screen.

His stadium has been surpassed, just like his "three super bowls" and everything else except his boozing.

He has the most valuable team on the planet. I believe that makes him think that the way he does things works. So hopefully some soccer team or the Yankess pass the Cowboys by in franshise value soon.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s the problem, everyone thinks that Jerry measures success in the NFL the way that the rest of the league does. Which is in Super Bowl wins.

For Jerry a Super Bowl win is just an accidental bi product of his real life fantasy football team that he toys with as a side project (as GM) which he is terrible at

Winning games, championships, SB’s is not how Jerry measures success.

Making money, selling tickets, selling Merch, licensing deals, and his Stadium are how he measures success

For Jerry one has nothing to do with the other.

We as idiot fans have proven that to him over the last 22 years. He doesn’t have to win to make money, he is making money hand over fist with an average team for two decades. In fact he has the most profitable team in all of sports to show for it. He didn’t need a winning team to achieve that. Which was his ultimate goal.

So you see, Jerry has won, he beat all of us. He has the most profitable team in all of sports all while putting an average or even inferior product out on the field for over two decades

Checkmate Jerry Jones!

Last edited:

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That’s the problem, everyone thinks that Jerry measures success in the NFL the way that the rest of the league does. Which is in Super Bowl wins.

For Jerry a Super Bowl win is just an accidental bi product of his real life fantasy football team that he toys with as a side project (as GM) which he is terrible at

Winning games, championships, SB’s is not how Jerry measures success.

Making money, selling tickets, selling Merch, licensing deals, and his Stadium are how he measures success

For Jerry one has nothing to do with the other.

We as idiot fans have proven that to him over the last 22 years. He doesn’t have to win to make money, he is making money hand over fist with an average team for two decades. In fact he has the most profitable team in all of sports to show for it. He didn’t need a winning team to achieve that. Which was his ultimate goal.

So you see, Jerry has won, he beat all of us. He has the most profitable team in all of sports all while putting an average or even inferior product out on the field for over two decades

Checkmate Jerry Jones!

Jerry owns the most valuable sports team on this earth. Sadly for Cowboy fans this mean more to him than fielding a winning team. Since Jimmy, the only time he hired a good hc was Parcells. He admits he only hired him to get a new stadium. Bill took over a shit team and had them in the playoffs in two years. Once things looked to be turning around he fires Parcells after he got his new stadium built and hires Wade and drives a good roster into the ground in no time. Then we are going on a 8 year never ending process of the Clapper.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry owns the most valuable sports team on this earth. Sadly for Cowboy fans this mean more to him than fielding a winning team. Since Jimmy, the only time he hired a good hc was Parcells. He admits he only hired him to get a new stadium. Bill took over a shit team and had them in the playoffs in two years. Once things looked to be turning around he fires Parcells after he got his new stadium built and hires Wade and drives a good roster into the ground in no time. Then we are going on a 8 year never ending process of the Clapper.

Maybe I am in the minority with this opinion, but I do not think that Wade was a bad HC. He did damn well under the conditions he was subjected to: a meddling owner, and an OC that was given autonomy, and was allowed to undermine him. Making Brian Stewart the DC was a bad mark against him, but I understand why he did it. The Brian Stewart hire was a FUCK YOU! to Garrett. Garrett wanted Capers as DC. Now that was abridge too far for Wade. Here you had this fuck that never called a single play as an OC, and yet given autonomy, and trying to make decisions as to who should be the DC, especially considering that defense is Wade's specialty/expertise.

Not telling how the Cowboys could have done if Wade had been allowed to hire an OC of his choosing. And maybe then he might have chosen Capers. Leave it to Jerry to fuck all that up though.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe I am in the minority with this opinion, but I do not think that Wade was a bad HC. He did damn well under the conditions he was subjected to: a meddling owner, and an OC that was given autonomy, and was allowed to undermine him. Making Brian Stewart the DC was a bad mark against him, but I understand why he did it. The Brian Stewart hire was a FUCK YOU! to Garrett. Garrett wanted Capers as DC. Now that was abridge too far for Wade. Here you had this fuck that never called a single play as an OC, and yet given autonomy, and trying to make decisions as to who should be the DC, especially considering that defense is Wade's specialty/expertise.

Not telling how the Cowboys could have done if Wade had been allowed to hire an OC of his choosing. And maybe then he might have chosen Capers. Leave it to Jerry to fuck all that up though.

and there's the point I'm been trying to make for years, it doesn't matter who coaches Dallas because the owner/gm will always create a fucked up environment that will undermine any coaches ability to succeed or at least be the best they can be

Top Bottom