Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

LANDOVER, Md. -- Jason Garrett may or may not be coaching for his job Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

But that it is near the top of his mind.

“I focus on doing my job as well as I can do it,” Garrett said Sunday after the Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins 24-23. “I think the emphasis that we placed on this for players and coaches in this league for a long time is do your job as well as you can do it each and every day. That’s certainly what I learned a long, long time ago. I’m proud of our group, how we fought, how we battled, how we gave ourselves a chance to win the game at the end by doing what we needed to do to win it. We have a great opportunity at our stadium next week.”

The Cowboys went 8-8 in Garrett’s first two full seasons, losing the season finales to the New York Giants and Redskins and missing out on NFC East titles and playoff spots. At 8-7, the Cowboys are in the same spot again.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones wants Garrett to be his longest-tenured coach.

“He really showed me a lot, to be able to keep it together, to be able to keep it focused,” Jones said. “ … I thought he did an outstanding job of getting this team from the obvious, and that is having a tremendous disappointing loss against Green Bay. It was a killer, and it was something that was a real challenge for a coach to get them to come back and play well. I thought we played well initially. We had all of the respect in the world for the Redskins. But I thought we played well initially, even though it was a different way we were getting it done early in the game. And then again, you saw a little bit of what reality is when they came back out in the third quarter and were able to run on us and push us around. That’s reality and so you got to counter that. That doesn’t mean you can’t win the games or have a counter to it. Where the real deal is, how do you adjust to what was happening to us in the third quarter, and we were able to do it.”

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Eagles should roll this defense

Its gonna be an offseason of Whats if's

What if we didn't get bit by the injury bug blah blah blah

I like the direction this team is going

Reaction score
“I focus on doing my job as well as I can do it,” Garrett said Sunday after the Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins 24-23. “I think the emphasis that we placed on this for players and coaches in this league for a long time is do your job as well as you can do it each and every day. That’s certainly what I learned a long, long time ago. I’m proud of our group, how we fought, how we battled, how we gave ourselves a chance to win the game at the end by doing what we needed to do to win it. We have a great opportunity at our stadium next week.”

His use of we is about as applicable as my use of "we" when I say we need to beat Philly, or we need a great draft pick, or we need a better GM. I am really just an observer of talented athletes and active competitors but I as a fan offer them nothing that changes how they operate from week to week.

There are just no positive fingerprints or proof of his leadership, strategy or effort. He coaches the same way that he played in the NFL: he hangs on the jersey of the team's starting QB and then counts himself as a contributor to every success. But the problem will be that his negative fingerprints, in the vein of an Exxon-Valdez oil spill, his lack of expertise and inept management has far reaching effects on this team and the fans.

Once again yesterday, Romo had to wait while Jason's designed WR routes and pass plays ran their course so that the secondary "stay alive" random running would get someone open. Had Washington viewed game tape of this year, they should have blitzed Romo (Darren Sharper pointed this out) and destroyed the play. But still, it's a lack of strategy and poor play design that causes so much improvising. No one is open.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah they are in for a big surprise againts Philly. This isn't the same team they beat 17-3 earlier in the year.

Reaction score
If we can execute better than the other team than we have a shot. X's and O's has little to do with this game

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic here. Dallas being so weak and vulnerable needs X's and O's on almost every play. Everything must be high percentage, high probability, and especially low opportunities for stupid.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic here. Dallas being so weak and vulnerable needs X's and O's on almost every play. Everything must be high percentage, high probability, and especially low opportunities for stupid.

Correct

Top Bottom