Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
@nickeatman Terrance williams appears to have a concussion... 2 games will be played in a week.. Might miss them both

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 26m
Team checking on Terrance Williams he is scheduled to undergo the concussion test.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 43m
I wouldn't look for Romo, Dez, Miles, Murray, Witten on Sunday. Ware or Lee either.

Mickey Spagnola ‏@Spags52 25s
Next man down...WR Terrance Williams, fell awkardly and banged head hard on the ground...most likely not playing Sunday night.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 4m
Rookie receiver Terrance Williams leaves practice after landing hard, hitting back of his head http://bit.ly/1b26Qtr

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1h
Terrance Williams leaving the field. Back of his head hit hard when he got pushed down in a coverage drill.

Reaction score
Not a good start.

As anal as the NFL is getting about concussions.... not good.

Hopefully this isn't a re-occuring thing.

Reaction score
Terrance Williams is to my bitterness as Wilcox is to Midswat's. In my opinion, Williams was just a non-need pick at a moment where there was great need elsewhere. He is just a tall receiver who is not fast or great or particularly swarthy or peppery. His best contribution to preseason will be his concussion so that the other WRs have more opportunities.

Williams was a pick that only an idiot would have thought necessary at a portion of the draft where the DL, OL, and running games were vitally in need,. Williams smells of Red Hairring.

Reaction score
Picking the TE in the second was the worst pick in the draft. Coupled with trading down from Floyd to take a player we could have drafted with the second pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Terrance Williams is to my bitterness as Wilcox is to Midswat's. In my opinion, Williams was just a non-need pick at a moment where there was great need elsewhere. He is just a tall receiver who is not fast or great or particularly swarthy or peppery. His best contribution to preseason will be his concussion so that the other WRs have more opportunities.

Williams was a pick that only an idiot would have thought necessary at a portion of the draft where the DL, OL, and running games were vitally in need,. Williams smells of Red Hairring.

stupid logic

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I would have rather we spent the 3rd on Williams, than the 2nd on Escobar. But I get what you mean and agree.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Picking the TE in the second was the worst pick in the draft. Coupled with trading down from Floyd to take a player we could have drafted with the second pick.

I'm ok somewhat with trading down on Floyd and getting Fredericks. Not sure he would have been there when we drafted in the 2nd, especially if the rumors were true that the Lions would have taken him. I would have preferred we taken either Jonathan Hankins, DT or Margus Hunt in the 2nd over Escobar. Those two were available. Or even taking Logan a round earlier. The Esagles are going to have a decent DL with Cox and Logan.

And personally, I think we should have drafted Terron Armstead with that pick we used on Williams, and we still could have gotten WIlliams more than likely for the pick we used on Wilcox, later that round.

I believe we could have gotten Wilcox in the 4th round. Who spends a 3rd rounder on a player that has played Safety for just one year? I would have been alright if we used the 4th on Wilcox instead of on B.W. Webb, which is looking at being a total wasted pick---what a surprise... another 4th round waste.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The reason I liked the pick was that it wasn't a need... He was the best player on our board. We all know the fastest way to get into trouble is to draft for what you need right now.

Reaction score
The reason I liked the pick was that it wasn't a need... He was the best player on our board. We all know the fastest way to get into trouble is to draft for what you need right now.

I have no problem with the team doing this but they aren't consistent doing it. Jerry just goes on a whim. Clearly the coaches weren't happy with the trade.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, you're right. Who knows why in this particular case they did it, considering the Fred and Escobar picks were for need. (Again, why the hell we "need" to force this 12 formation is beyond comprehension.)

For a while there one of the things Jerry did right, or at least said the right things, was that you fill glaring needs in FA and then draft the best player. I really think this year we didn't have the money for FA.

BTW, I think in this case it's going to work out because I think Fred will be a good player. Still don't like the Pablo pick, though.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Did you guys have a thread, "Who would you have drafted instead," after the draft. I'm just curious because so many are shiting all over the draft when I think it has real potential.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did you guys have a thread, "Who would you have drafted instead," after the draft. I'm just curious because so many are shiting all over the draft when I think it has real potential.

It's the positions we drafted: Another motherfucking tight end in the 2nd round and a wide receiver and a small school safety in the 3rd. The OL should have been addressed again with at least 1 of those picks.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There were no oline to take in rd 2. In rd 3 Warford and Winters went before we picked.

Top Bottom