Reaction score
@clarencehilljr
Jerry jones says Callahan will be play caller. Decision made weeks ago, per jones

:towel :towel :towel

Reaction score
Our long national nightmare is over.

The Cowboys finally have a play-caller.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that offensive coordinator Bill Callahan would call the team’s offensive plays this year.

Jones said the decision was made weeks ago, which frankly makes the entire episode more bizarre.

It was a few weeks ago when everyone seemed to be playing hot-potato with questions about the responsibility, which was taken away from head coach Jason Garrett.

If they made the decision prior to that, it just makes them look (more) ridiculous for not admitting it, when they’ve been given many, many chances to clear it up.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate the entitlement attitude of the media.

The Cowboys were given a chance to clear it up? Fuck off.

Reaction score
That was Pro Football Talk. Forgot to include that.

I think this is a great move for our team. It'll allow Jason to focus on being a head coach, which I think he can be very good at. Not have to worry about everything. He's too raw for that much responsibility.

This ought to also allow our offense to get plays in on time and have Romo not struggling with the whole leg hike KILL KILL KILL run back into shotgun leg hike and get the ball off as 0 hits the playclock

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was a few weeks ago when everyone seemed to be playing hot-potato with questions about the responsibility, which was taken away from head coach Jason Garrett.

If they made the decision prior to that, it just makes them look (more) ridiculous for not admitting it, when they’ve been given many, many chances to clear it up.
I don't know why he says it makes "them" look more ridiculous... It's Garrett who has refused to admit or talk about it.

Also... I wonder what the very real DCU Hostile has to say about this.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't know why he says it makes "them" look more ridiculous... It's Garrett who has refused to admit or talk about it.

Also... I wonder what the very real DCU Hostile has to say about this.

It was Garrett who refused to admit he was being fired as the playcaller, like we wouldn't eventually find out anyway.

I'd also love to know what Hostile has to say about this.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I actually wrote about this happening months ago. The Cowboys front office "came clean" to my source back in April. Don't believe me? Go put your hand in bucket of water. Pull it out. See the impression your hand left? That's how much I care whether or not you believe me.

This has actually been the plan since the beginning. It's a process. We have our Jimmy/Norv dynamic now. Bill Callahan is an excellent playcaller and Jason Garrett has spoken extensively with Mike Kryzewski. Factor in the Woicik influence and our future has never been brighter.

Reaction score
I actually wrote about this happening months ago. The Cowboys front office "came clean" to my source back in April. Don't believe me? Go put your hand in bucket of water. Pull it out. See the impression your hand left? That's how much I care whether or not you believe me.

This has actually been the plan since the beginning. It's a process. We have our Jimmy/Norv dynamic now. Bill Callahan is an excellent playcaller and Jason Garrett has spoken extensively with Mike Kryzewski. Factor in the Woicik influence and our future has never been brighter.

Thanks hos!

~bowing smiley with blue star background~

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope they don't expect us to be excited or optimistic. Callahan is stale bread.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
but he isn't Garrett!

but Garrett's a good coach!

Matt Johnson is the most impressive player we've ever seen in practice!

We were one game away from the playoffs!

Spend your money!

Good sheep.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Bill Callahan confirmed Tuesday he will call the offensive plays in 2013.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed.
Blog » ESPN Dallas »
Top 50 Cowboys

It's the first time someone other than coach Jason Garrett has called the plays since 2007.

"I'm flattered and as I said this a long time ago when we were visiting in January and February, everybody has a stake in this," Callahan said.

"It's a compliment to our staff and it tells you the way our guys work on the offensive side of the ball. It's been productive all the way around. I'm really encouraged, I'm honored and just do the best job for our fans and our team."

Last season, the Cowboys finished 6th in total offense at 374.6 yards per game, but just 31st as a rushing offense (79.1 yards per game).

In the last three weeks, during the organized team activities, Callahan was giving the play calls to the quarterbacks while Garrett stood off to the side during 11-on-11 drills.

When the Cowboys split up in 7-on-7 drills, quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson would give play calls to the quarterbacks while Callahan worked with the offensive line.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Emalsculation complete.

Jason...if you need your nuts....they will be hanging from Jerry's rearview mirror.

Top Bottom