Reaction score
I was all in for Quentin Jammer until I saw this video.

This guy and Dez Bryant have been the two draft picks I've been the most excited about heading into a draft. Never expected a shot at Dez, and thought we might've missed out on Roy when we did that trade back from 6 to 8 with KC.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WSsWgiSr4

Great highlight video

Reaction score
Roy actually lived up to expectations for a couple seasons.

Then, he gave up a huge prayer TD to Brunnell in that shitty 14-13 loss to the Skins, got dumped by the slutty but hot destiny's child bitch, and became religious. It's no coincidence that he turned into a huge pussy shortly afterwards.

Reaction score
His rookie highlight video was equally impressive, IMO. Really felt he should've been DROY.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, he was a legit badass for a few years. When I watch old games from those years, you notice that we don't have any physical enforcers like that anymore. It's something we really miss IMO.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
no alexander you go this way

DCC_RoyWilliams-Hit.gif

Reaction score
Yeah, he was a legit badass for a few years. When I watch old games from those years, you notice that we don't have any physical enforcers like that anymore. It's something we really miss IMO.

It's something that really doesn't exist in the NFL anymore actually.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I can remember quite a few division opponents coming down with alligator arms over the middle.

like uva said though that's all a thing of the past. You hit people like that, first you'll get fined, then suspended, then you're a "dirty player".

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know you can't headhunt receivers anymore, but you can still be physical. Sean Lee is a great player, but I bet RBs don't fear him. Patrick Willis, I bet, is in the back of their minds a little bit. Ratliff was a little like that when he was rolling.

I'm thinking Bruce Carter might have a chance to be like that if he can grow into it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Carolina at December november 2003.

One of my favorite games I have been to, one of Roy's best games....I remember him being all over the field and barking at smith/mohammed all day.....then in the end he made a huge interception to help win the game..

earlier he forced a fumble on a huge hit on a kickoff.....

we were 8-3 after that game, the feeling leaving the stadium that day I have only had a few times in the ten years I have been here....the other was after the win over the packers on that thursday night game in 07 and then the win over the eagles in the wc game in 09.

Roy was spectacular in 02/03 though. It was just fun to watch him scare people to death.

also, I never bought the religous angle, the breakup or the hollywood thing on roy.. I always thought when woodson left he just lost confidence and then in time without the confidence he lost the recklessness he played with......Woodson used to line everyone up and allow williams to be a missile launched out of a cannon.....without him he had to think and be a different guy.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
little o/t but just listen to the enthusiasm and excitement in the stadium for this game right from the start....

One of my favorite games ever......I had a friend with me that day from ny who was like this stadium is awesome...the crowd here is great.....

Reaction score
The banter between Collinsworth, Buck, and Aikman was almost unbearable.

Edit: BRadie James with the FF, Roy Williams with the recovery.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I know you can't headhunt receivers anymore, but you can still be physical. Sean Lee is a great player, but I bet RBs don't fear him. Patrick Willis, I bet, is in the back of their minds a little bit. Ratliff was a little like that when he was rolling.

I'm thinking Bruce Carter might have a chance to be like that if he can grow into it.

If you watch Sean Lee tackle people, he's pretty rough with them.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
there used to be a gif of him destroying a certain WR for the Giants. can't find it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

the toomer hit is at the end. Doesnt show what Toomer did first and I can't remember. But that was retaliatory for sure.

what he does to the Lions WR and the 49ers returner in there is just not right.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Man, it hurt watching that video. Desperately want a playmaker and/or initimidator back there. Instead we get slow, low-talent JAG's and then SOME fans wonder why we can't defend the long ball every year.

Top Bottom