superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Couldn't believe that play. Still remember losing my shit at Buffalo Wild Wings. IIRC we were down big - like hopelessly big - in that game.

Reaction score
Couldn't believe that play. Still remember losing my shit at Buffalo Wild Wings. IIRC we were down big - like hopelessly big - in that game.

We were down 20-7. Bledsoe just hit Glenn (I think) in the end zone for a TD. We kicked off. First play was a dinky run for a few yards. Next play was that pick 6.

One of the better parts of that play was McNabb trying to act hurt after Bradie James knocked him to the ground after his half-hearted attempt to tackle Roy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
McNabb was out for the year after that play, but I don't think he was hurt as bad as he was letting on.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

the toomer hit is at the end. Doesnt show what Toomer did first and I can't remember. But that was retaliatory for sure.

what he does to the Lions WR and the 49ers returner in there is just not right.

I'm pretty sure Roy tackled someone on a previous play and was kind of celebrating over the guy when Amani pushed him from behind. I can't remember the exact details, but Amani definitely ended up shoving him.

Then he got creamed.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
on the one hand, yeah dont hit anyone at the PB.

otoh....that's why Roy was there. If you're gonna show up then play. I wish they all did that, at least until someone's career is ended in a meaningless game.

He could have hit Heap a lot harder.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The drop off in his play is one of the all time mysteries of the modern world.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The drop off in his play is one of the all time mysteries of the modern world.
kelly-rowland-michael-bolton.jpg

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I still think TE had it partially right. The loss of Woodson was a huge impact to his play. He had an incredible couple of years before he fell off.

Other random thoughts:
- I see the Cowboys haven't changed that much over the years.....celebrate after a 9 yard completion.
- I still remember that kickoff hit against the 49ers and the Toomer hit. Both "holy shit" hits.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think opposing teams just found his kryptonite. His inability to turn and run in coverage.

He was thick in the trunk area, which made it hard for him to flip his hips.

Reaction score
There were a number of factors that lead to his demise. Not just his, but the demise of the traditional strong safety that fans growing up through the 90's were accustomed too.

In the box safeties are relics. Everything about the game is changing to more speed and coverage ability. You can even see it affecting linebackers. If a LB can't cover, he's a huge liability in todays game.

Top Bottom