GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dont remember where I heard it, but I recall Jerry mentioning that Tony Romo preferred to use resources on weapons rather than the OL.

With the recents news coming out that Romo will be more involved in game planning, as well as being involved in studying tape of prospects in last weeks draft, maybe it was Romos call to go with another WR and another TE.

Most of seem pleased that we got a new center, but we felt as if the OL needed at least one more new piece. Is it possible Romo told the team that he preferred to have it this way? sure seems plausible to me..

Few things before you clowns respond

1) just because Romo wanted it (if thats even the case) doesnt make it right
2) im not suggesting romo should even have any say in any of this-im just asking if you guys think its possible that it played out like this

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't imagine Romo preferring to have the shit knocked out of him every play.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I dont remember where I heard it, but I recall Jerry mentioning that Tony Romo preferred to use resources on weapons rather than the OL.

With the recents news coming out that Romo will be more involved in game planning, as well as being involved in studying tape of prospects in last weeks draft, maybe it was Romos call to go with another WR and another TE.

Most of seem pleased that we got a new center, but we felt as if the OL needed at least one more new piece. Is it possible Romo told the team that he preferred to have it this way? sure seems plausible to me..

Few things before you clowns respond

1) just because Romo wanted it (if thats even the case) doesnt make it right
2) im not suggesting romo should even have any say in any of this-im just asking if you guys think its possible that it played out like this

No That's not the case

Jerry said because of Tony's elusiveness, you don't need to have a great offensive line. Instead you can allocate that money towards weapons on offense

Reaction score
Jerry also said Romo made it a condition of him signing an extention that we improve the OL.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No That's not the case

Jerry said because of Tony's elusiveness, you don't need to have a great offensive line. Instead you can allocate that money towards weapons on offense

And that's not true because no matter how elusive Romo is he gets the shit beat out of him every game because this old fuck can't put a decent line in front of him and then thinks he can fool everyone by saying bullshit like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jones said Romo texted or emailed him after the Frederick pick and said "thanks for getting me another half second or so to throw" or something along those lines. I saw else where Romo made a similar comment to some press people too.

Reaction score
Given how quickly the ready-to-start-immediately OL were picked this draft, I think it is difficult to criticize the team for failing to get two top-tier OL. It appears that they got one and that's not bad, given how the draft unfolded.

I'm also glad that the team didn't draft more developmental OL this year. The Cowboys already have enough of these types on the roster. Adding a few more wouldn't have helped much.

Top Bottom