Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It was the first football game I ever got into.

I rented a football game once when I was 6 or 7 and I was punting on 1st down and doing all kinds of crazy things. Then I turned it off because it was fucking boring.

I can remember every single football game I've ever played.

10 yard fight - first football game I ever played on an arcade cabinet at Safeway

Tecmo Bowl Arcade - not a lot of people even know that Tecmo Bowl in the arcade existed, and it had these big characters and was absolutely nothing like what was on the NES, but it was fun. In fact, when I asked my dad to get me Tecmo Bowl for the NES, I thought this was the game I was getting.

John Elway football - this game was pure ass on the NES.

Tecmo Bowl - little did I know that while it wasn't the game I expected, it would be one of the all time legendary sports games.

NES Playaction Football - who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the on-screen action go diagonally on the screen? Awful game.

Cyberball - an arcade and NES game where you played football as robots. Moderately interesting.

John Madden Football - got my SNES for Xmas 91'. I needed a football game and the only 2 available for Madden and SNES Playaction Football (a sequel to the awful NES version). It was a tough decision, but I went with Madden because the back of the box said it had instant replay. At 11 years old, this was mind boggling to me and I had to have it. Probably the one football game I got the most hours out of. Great game.

College Football's National Championship - Genesis game built on the same engine as Joe Montana Football. I had a ton of fun with this one and the spin move worked like a charm on this one just as it did on Joe Montana football.

Joe Montana Football - some of these were ok, and some were bad. But it was a decent game most of the time but it would took a back seat to Madden during my adolescent years.

Troy Aikman Football - played this on SNES at a friend's house and stopped playing within 10 minutes. Just terrible.

Madden 92, 93, to present - SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3

NFL Gameday - Playstation exclusive game which was very good in 95, but it reached it's pinnacle in 98. It's games like that one that make me wish multiple companies were all making NFL games.

NFL 2K - Dreamcast and PS2.....the first one and the great 2K5 on PS2 were my favorites. They did a lot of things right that Madden was doing wrong. Again, it's a shame that the only NFL game around is Madden.

NCAA - PS1, PS2, PS3 - I'm really gonna miss this game now that the NCAA is getting sued out the ass by former players. For most of the last 5 years, this game was better than Madden.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
"Can count the number of vaginas I've been in on the hand of a guy that got 4 fingers blown off playing with fireworks."

-Ace

jk luv you

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Iamtdg, just for you:

10 Yard Fight:

[video=youtube;bLqcwq5stPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLqcwq5stPM[/video]

Tecmo Bowl Arcade:

[video=youtube;QnOrnLOAN-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnOrnLOAN-E[/video]

NES Playaction Football:

[video=youtube;u8oZ0cOolK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8oZ0cOolK8[/video]

Cyberball:

[video=youtube;OBdiD-MuujQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBdiD-MuujQ[/video]

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Can count the number of vaginas I've been in on the hand of a guy that got 4 fingers blown off playing with fireworks."

-Ace

jk luv you

My feelings are hurt now.....not sure what to do.

~Only thing that comes to mind is to keep chatting in game thread~

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didn't get a console this weekend and I might not after second thought. I always get so bored with games after a while.

Reaction score
My dad brought a Nintendo home one day rented from our town's movie renting place with John Elway's Quarterback. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pass the ball on that damn game... like you would try to throw a pass and an arrow would fly up from the bottom of the screen and you would have to move it to the receiver. Even in my early years I was like, fuck this game.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought football was too complicated and boring. I turned mine off after 5 minutes.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I can remember every single football game I've ever played.

10 yard fight - first football game I ever played on an arcade cabinet at Safeway

Tecmo Bowl Arcade - not a lot of people even know that Tecmo Bowl in the arcade existed, and it had these big characters and was absolutely nothing like what was on the NES, but it was fun. In fact, when I asked my dad to get me Tecmo Bowl for the NES, I thought this was the game I was getting.

John Elway football - this game was pure ass on the NES.

Tecmo Bowl - little did I know that while it wasn't the game I expected, it would be one of the all time legendary sports games.

NES Playaction Football - who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the on-screen action go diagonally on the screen? Awful game.

Cyberball - an arcade and NES game where you played football as robots. Moderately interesting.

John Madden Football - got my SNES for Xmas 91'. I needed a football game and the only 2 available for Madden and SNES Playaction Football (a sequel to the awful NES version). It was a tough decision, but I went with Madden because the back of the box said it had instant replay. At 11 years old, this was mind boggling to me and I had to have it. Probably the one football game I got the most hours out of. Great game.

College Football's National Championship - Genesis game built on the same engine as Joe Montana Football. I had a ton of fun with this one and the spin move worked like a charm on this one just as it did on Joe Montana football.

Joe Montana Football - some of these were ok, and some were bad. But it was a decent game most of the time but it would took a back seat to Madden during my adolescent years.

Troy Aikman Football - played this on SNES at a friend's house and stopped playing within 10 minutes. Just terrible.

Madden 92, 93, to present - SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3

NFL Gameday - Playstation exclusive game which was very good in 95, but it reached it's pinnacle in 98. It's games like that one that make me wish multiple companies were all making NFL games.

NFL 2K - Dreamcast and PS2.....the first one and the great 2K5 on PS2 were my favorites. They did a lot of things right that Madden was doing wrong. Again, it's a shame that the only NFL game around is Madden.

NCAA - PS1, PS2, PS3 - I'm really gonna miss this game now that the NCAA is getting sued out the ass by former players. For most of the last 5 years, this game was better than Madden.

No NFL Street, or Blitz?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
My current system. I loved this thing when I was a kid. Yep... I'm old.

10320571.jpg

Top Bottom