Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Where are most of you guys leaning for the next generation of consoles?

As a Playstation fan, I'm really happy with everything that has been announced for the PS4. It's very developer friendly and all of the features they've revealed so far sound great. Now we just have to wait for a price.

The details surrounding the Xbox 720 are not so encouraging. The two features that are viewed as the most negative are the fact that it won't play used games. In other words, you can't use the same disc on another system. This has yet to be confirmed, but this has been an ongoing rumor for months and it could be a dealbreaker if true.

The other ugly rumor, and one that is being confirmed by more and more "insiders" is the fact that it's going to require a 24/7 online connection in order to work. If you do not have a network connection, you cannot play games on it, period. If by chance you're playing a game and your network goes down for whatever reason, it'll interrupt the game and put you into a network troubleshooting window.

This has to be dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Are Microsoft intentionally trying to lose the next gen before it starts?

As far as pricing goes, PS3 rumors have it releasing at 400 and the 720 at 500.

We should know more after MS's conference in May and the E3 convention in June.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If the consoles keep being difficult as far as game sharing, reselling, etc....there will be a shift either towards PC gaming (from what I've heard of Steam it kills consoles as far as game pricing and availability) or another console maker will come up. I think it's mostly the title companies that are driving this, though (EA. etc)

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not happy about not being able to play PS3 games on the PS4 though.

Yea, that does suck, but it's not as big of a deal to me simply because I have a 60 gig PS3 and it's backwards compatible all the way back to PS1 games. I'll just keep it and play PS3 games on there if I feel the need to do so.

Also, Xbox 720 is said to not be backwards compatible as well, but again, this is a rumor.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the PS4 looks sharp as hell. Thought I read the price tag would be around $549 or something. Could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2v7zsPc-Lk

I would be shocked if it cost that much, simply because price is one of the reasons why Sony lost their stranglehold on the North American market to MS with the 360/PS3 generation.

I think it's important that they stay around 450 or below.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'll probably get PS4 after its been out for a year or better.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
New Xbox to be revealed May 21st.

The always-on rumors continue and that could be a deal breaker.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
New Xbox announced today, it's called the Xbox One.

It's catching a lot of criticism and rightfully so for the following reasons:

First, you will have to logon to the Microsoft at least once every 24 hours in order to use the console. If you go more than 24 hours without having a network connection, you will not be able to use the features of the console.

Second, you can not let someone else borrow your game. If your brother wants to play your copy of Madden on his Xbox under his profile, he will have to pay full retail price to do so.

FAIL.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

First, you will have to logon to the Microsoft at least once every 24 hours in order to use the console. If you go more than 24 hours without having a network connection, you will not be able to use the features of the console.

Second, you can not let someone else borrow your game. If your brother wants to play your copy of Madden on his Xbox under his profile, he will have to pay full retail price to do so.

FAIL.

Everything is going that way. In 10 years, you'll be telling young kids how you use to have to go to the store and buy games instead of just log into them on the cloud.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't like all the complicated new technology.

just give me a box to stick a disk in that gets my mind off of stuff.

i don't care about sending my highlight reel to Facebook or shit like that.

Reaction score

FAIL.

That is bullshit.

It'll also put all the gamestops out of business.

Is the PS4 going that way too?

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So after all the info has come out, which console do you guys see yourself getting?

BTW, the guy who spoke for Xbox that was so behind everything and those ideas? He just left the company just a few days after he said XBox was the future and he couldn't wait to go along for the ride. :lol

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No ps4 yet. Saw one at GameStop the other day, almost bought it.

You get one yet? Worth $400? That much better than ps3?

Top Bottom