Mr.Po

Reaction score
Best part for me..............

One day on the practice field he noticed that a rookie kicker was not participating fully in a drill. He asked the kid, “Are you with this program?” The kid said, “I have asthma.” Johnson exploded, “You have asthma? Get your *ss over to the asthma field and have some asthma! The asthma field is over there!”

Reaction score
Great documentary. Really makes me miss those dynasty days. I didn't appreciate them as a fan like I should've. Couple of thoughts:

- Rare to see someone that happy as you saw when Jimmy won the National Championship
- Loved the whole story about how Jerry wanted to take credit for the Casilas trade, and what he told Jimmy about it. Very telling. Again, goes back to what has been said on this forum time and time again: Jerry wants credit. Wants to be one of the guys.
- Belichick looked completely uncomfortable and awkward on that boat.
- Jimmy's wife is a stone cold fox for a 70 year old, or however old she is.
- Barry and Lacewell sitting together. One looks like he's got 50 years of life ahead of him, the other looks like he belongs in the ICU.
- Really amazing how that circle (Lacewell/Jones/Jimmy/Switzer) kept crossing paths throughout time.

Reaction score
Lacewell looks and behaves like Emperor Palpatine.

He seems to be right there "consulting" for every bad thing that's happened to this franchise in the last 20 years.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Great documentary. Really makes me miss those dynasty days. I didn't appreciate them as a fan like I should've. Couple of thoughts:

- Rare to see someone that happy as you saw when Jimmy won the National Championship
- Loved the whole story about how Jerry wanted to take credit for the Casilas trade, and what he told Jimmy about it. Very telling. Again, goes back to what has been said on this forum time and time again: Jerry wants credit. Wants to be one of the guys.
- Belichick looked completely uncomfortable and awkward on that boat.
- Jimmy's wife is a stone cold fox for a 70 year old, or however old she is.
- Barry and Lacewell sitting together. One looks like he's got 50 years of life ahead of him, the other looks like he belongs in the ICU.
- Really amazing how that circle (Lacewell/Jones/Jimmy/Switzer) kept crossing paths throughout time.

I loved the documentary. Thanks for posting.

I disagree about Bellicheck. I thought Bellicheck looked at him as an equal and really enjoyed sharing there knowledge of the game with each other.

I hate Jerry to the core, but in a way I can understand why he wanted to be the part of it. Jimmy could have relaxed a little with Jimmy and gave him some nuggets to work with.

It just seemed like although driven, Jimmy was a dick to him

Reaction score
I disagree about Bellicheck. I thought Bellicheck looked at him as an equal and really enjoyed sharing there knowledge of the game with each other.

I wasn't suggesting BB isn't in the same class as a coach or isn't an equal to Jimmy. I meant that he literally looked awkward on that boat like he didn't belong on a fishing boat. Looked out of place.

I hate Jerry to the core, but in a way I can understand why he wanted to be the part of it. Jimmy could have relaxed a little with Jimmy and gave him some nuggets to work with.

It just seemed like although driven, Jimmy was a dick to him

Eh. I can agree with that to degree. At that same time, you don't get to where those two were in their respective profession without an ego the size of Texas. I think it chapped Jimmys ass to see Jerry on air taking credit for things he (Jimmy) did. And that 500 coaches comment was way out of line. There isn't a person alive who wouldn't take exception to that.

The whole mean mugging when the old man just wants to make a toast.... yeah, unneccessary. But it is what it is.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting BB isn't in the same class as a coach or isn't an equal to Jimmy. I meant that he literally looked awkward on that boat like he didn't belong on a fishing boat. Looked out of place.

Eh. I can agree with that to degree. At that same time, you don't get to where those two were in their respective profession without an ego the size of Texas. I think it chapped Jimmys ass to see Jerry on air taking credit for things he (Jimmy) did. And that 500 coaches comment was way out of line. There isn't a person alive who wouldn't take exception to that.

The whole mean mugging when the old man just wants to make a toast.... yeah, unneccessary. But it is what it is.

That's just it. If all Jimmy cared about was winning, why in the world would he care that Jerry took credit for a trade or any other non sense.

There wasn't a single media person, coach, or analyst that didn't know Jimmy was the brains of the operation.

I guess to your point, a man with the ego the size of Jimmy's makes hearing that stuff hard

Kilyin

Reaction score
Stupid **** stole my video and posted it as her own. Granted, we're both guilty of copyright infringement, but I did it first. You can tell because my little "stamp" is in the bottom right corner of the video as seen here:

Is there no honor among thieves anymore?

Top Bottom