dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
5) Monte Kiffin is turning heads in Dallas. The Dallas Cowboys' hiring of Monte Kiffin as defensive coordinator raised some eyebrows in the NFL, if only because teams rarely tap 70-somethings to join their staff. Kiffin returning to the NFL would have been less shocking a few years ago, when Seahawks coach Pete Carroll called him about joining his staff before ultimately hiring Gus Bradley. But now that Kiffin is on the Cowboys, he is earning rave reviews. Those who watched him closely this week saw the mesmerizing effect he has on players. During his meetings with prospects, the kids appear to intently listen, soaking it in. One compared Kiffin, with his low-talking ways, to a Zen master. His enthusiasm is contagious, and his incredible memory for football details would be impressive for someone of any age. By pairing him with defensive line coach Rod Marinelli, whose wisdom has similarly impressed, the Cowboys should improve. The focus has been on simple teaching and fundamentals. Good. Oh, and by the way, those rumors of a possible Jon Gruden reunion with Kiffin and the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers band? Eh, I'm not sure Kiffin and Gruden got along as well as most people think. Don't see that happening any time soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ct-might-allow-patriots-to-target-big-wideout

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's your point? They bought what Wade was selling and he was known for, "getting after the QB". Happened once.

The point is, I'm not on the Kiffin bandwagon just yet, however, I feel a bit better about the hire because of Marinelli. Doubt it could be any worse than what we had in Ryan, but... who knows. For a few years now, I have been wanting to go back to the 4-3. That alone is what I'm excited about.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The point is, I'm not on the Kiffin bandwagon just yet, however, I feel a bit better about the hire because of Marinelli. Doubt it could be any worse than what we had in Ryan, but... who knows. For a few years now, I have been wanting to go back to the 4-3. That alone is what I'm excited about.

Same here.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Our coaches just keep getting better and better every year!

They are always at there best from feb - July also.

The blitz this year will be one giant love fest for kiffin. It will be like the last three years on defense have not happened.

Top Bottom