Reaction score
This is my logic:

Jason Garrett wants to be a power run based offense. Or, at least, he wants there to be a near 50/50 split in run/pass play selections.

His offensive line doesn't allow him to do that. Yet he stubbornly (or moronically) continues to try.

The way this offense is designed, we operate best by throwing on early downs and running primarily out of passing formations. Otherwise, the only worthwhile rush yards we get from a conventional I formation in traditional run downs/situations is when Murray makes something out of nothing.

I don't know how the coach can look at the offensive line, compare it to what he wants to do on offense, and think the problem can be solved via the pieces we have on the table.

Coming out of the half, Siraguisa said Garrett told him he wanted to run the ball more, control the clock, and not let the Saints control the pace of the game. That is why I think we saw less of an emphasis on feeding Dez the ball (mistake) and more trying to run on first downs (mistake). Garrett shatcanned what was working and tried to force what he wanted to do.

Since he's not smart enough to gameplan around his teams strengths, he's going to have to build a team that can play what he wants to do on offense, and you can't do that without getting maulers on the Oline.

So... is it Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper in round one amigos?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is my logic:

Jason Garrett wants to be a power run based offense. Or, at least, he wants there to be a near 50/50 split in run/pass play selections.

His offensive line doesn't allow him to do that. Yet he stubbornly (or moronically) continues to try.

The way this offense is designed, we operate best by throwing on early downs and running primarily out of passing formations. Otherwise, the only worthwhile rush yards we get from a conventional I formation in traditional run downs/situations is when Murray makes something out of nothing.

I don't know how the coach can look at the offensive line, compare it to what he wants to do on offense, and think the problem can be solved via the pieces we have on the table.

Coming out of the half, Siraguisa said Garrett told him he wanted to run the ball more, control the clock, and not let the Saints control the pace of the game. That is why I think we saw less of an emphasis on feeding Dez the ball (mistake) and more trying to run on first downs (mistake). Garrett shatcanned what was working and tried to force what he wanted to do.

Since he's not smart enough to gameplan around his teams strengths, he's going to have to build a team that can play what he wants to do on offense, and you can't do that without getting maulers on the Oline.

Wait one second...
110412-NFL-LACESOUT-Jerry-Jones-EN-G_20121104215446609_600_400.JPG

He says we're going in a different direction...
104083962_display_image.jpg

Cornerbacks is how you win in this league!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In other words, all-star talent at QB, RB, WR, and TE isn't enough. He has to have it at every position on the offense in order to win.

Awesome.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Coming out of the half, Siraguisa said Garrett told him he wanted to run the ball more, control the clock, and not let the Saints control the pace of the game. That is why I think we saw less of an emphasis on feeding Dez the ball (mistake) and more trying to run on first downs (mistake).

You mean like continuing to let the play clock run all the down to near zero before hiking the ball?

Garrett shatcanned what was working and tried to force what he wanted to do.

It's called OUT THINKING oneself. A common trait of a Wile E. Coyote-style Suuuuuuuuuuuperrrrrr Geeeeeeeeeeniussss.

LOL. So what we need again are more RKGs? If he's not smart enough to gameplan around a team's strength, then what makes you think he's smart enough to build a team?

I doubt it. I put that up there with us getting Payton. As much as we may want it. Jerry always seem to do things opposite of what he should. Now if we were to hire Sean Payton, I'd like our chances of getting those guys, because Payton realizes the importance of building an Oline.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In other words, all-star talent at QB, RB, WR, and TE isn't enough. He has to have it at every position on the offense in order to win.

Awesome.

Exactly. Then really.. what good is he? Look. We really do need to go Oline, but even if we were to get any of those guys like Warmack or Cooper... it's not going tmake Garrett a better playcaller or clock manager.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They need a C, RT and RG. Maybe one of those guys is here (two tops) so draftuing an OL in round one would be a positive.

But they have to fix this mess at safety and probably need another DL and pass rusher too, so I dont think they need to be close minded to eiter side of the ball right now.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'll take it. Anything to help Romo stay off his ass or get more push in our running game.

My hope is for us to go to the trenches in this draft... I'd love to get a DE in this defense that can actually create havoc along the line.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think a NT or and OL in the first round is the wise way to go and the best way to win.

However, we have Jerry Jones as our GM? Thusly, if a high profile skill position player is available when we pick, you can bet the farm that will be the pick. He has to make a flash on draft day so he can see himself on TV.

Top Bottom