Reaction score
Tank Carradine tears ACL, will miss final two games; Mark Stoops interviews at Kentucky
by Tom D'Angelo
Florida State’s leading tackler Cornellius ‘Tank’ Carradine tore an ACL Saturday and will miss the rest of the season.

Carradine, a 6-5, 265-pound senior defensive end emerged following Brandon Jenkins’ season-ending injury in the opener. He has 80 tackles and is second with 11 sacks and 13 tackles for loss.

Carradine was injured during the fourth quarter of FSU’s 37-26 loss to Florida.

“He was sad but he understood it and handled it very maturely,” coach Jimbo Fisher said. “He asked questions. I did some research about the draft and how things are (done) and what the NFL would look at because I knew that would be very important to him. … What he has to do, how the surgery will go and what he has to do for rehab because that’s what he has to start looking forward too.”

Carradine has zoomed up the draft board. Analyst Todd McShay has Carradine ranked No. 13 overall.

“He’ll still play in the NFL and be highly drafted,” Fisher said.

Fisher has not decided if red-shirt freshman Giorgio Newberry or true freshman Mario Edwards will start against Georgia Tech Saturday in the ACC title game in Charlotte. Both have had significant playing time.

“That’s why we do it because injuries are a part of the game and to keep guys fresh,” Fisher said. “Mario, the second half of the season played a ton of ball and Giorgio played a lot. It is important and it’s great we’ve been able to do that. That’s one the reasons we do it because if something like that happens you are not totally inexperienced.”

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fisher has not decided if red-shirt freshman Giorgio Newberry or true freshman Mario Edwards will start against Georgia Tech

the son of former Cowboys CB Mario Edwards.

I like Jenkins over Carradine as a 3-4 OLB. As 4-3 DE's, I'd go Carradine... and I take Werner over both of them at either spot.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
.his high school coach raves about his work ethic as he and his father, former FSU star Mario Edwards, work out together at 6:00 a.m. each morning...says Edwards is the best he has coached in his 32-year career...Edwards will wear the same number (15) as his dad did at FSU...chose Florida State over Texas, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, among others.

Mario Jr was born in 1994 when his dad was 19. Also, Mario Jr is about 280 lbs.

Top Bottom