superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and Wade Phillips is the DC of the undefeated, maybe best team in the NFL.

Wanted to depress you on a friday.

Reaction score
I remember thinking Marcus Spears was going to be JJ Watt like, once he was put into Wade's more aggressive scheme.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The saddest part will be when we fire Garrett and he goes to Tampa as the OC and sets records.

Reaction score
There was no doubt that Wade would turn Houston's D around. He's been an excellent DC for years and years.

Garrett won't be more than a QB coach. The NFL is not exactly clamoring for retreads these days and his offenses have been neutered since that 2007 breakout year.

He might get an OC gig for a desperate and shitty college program. I can see Virginia hiring back John and bringing this clown with him so that they can both continue to ruin my sports life.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wade is a great DC until about year 3 or 4. But man, does he have some pieces.

Let's run down the anti-cmd list:

Jonathan Joseph
JJ Watts
Connor Barwin
Juicer
Antonio Smith
Kareem Jackson

and guys like Jared Crick, Whitney Mercilus and Brandon Harris looming in the wings.

Nice role players like Earl Mitchell, Danielle Manning, Glover Quinn, and Shaun Cody too.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We need to pull a Texans and trade for a Chris Myers type to play C here. Plug Cook in at OG or whatever.

Oops, maybe we just did and don't realize it yet...hmmm intriguing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Franchise cursed. Jerry sold his soul to the devil to win SB XXX

I want to hear more about this.

Do you have a transcript?

What did the devil want with Jerry's soul?

And if Jerry lost his soul, how did he do this?

[video=youtube;xh-h7s6Qtxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-h7s6Qtxg[/video]

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Franchise cursed. Jerry sold his soul to the devil to win SB XXX

And he's spent the last 16 years trying to fill the hole with plastic, so much so that it has now started to seep out of his face.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Houston offense was dog shit in 2010.

What'd they do? The hired Wade, signed a top CB on the market and dedicated their 1st 5 picks to the defense.

I was skeptical of them last year because they played some fucking horrid offenses almost every other week. Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville. That's 6 of their games from last year and those teams were all like bottom 10 in offense....I think 2 of them were close to bottom 3. They also played Cleveland and I think a few other pretty average teams on offense. The only real teams they played on offense hung points on them except for Atlanta.

Saints
Panthers
Ravens
Raiders

Those teams scored on them so I was wondering if they were just like the 2003 Cowboys in that they had a very fortunate schedule.

But, they look dominant this year and JJ Watt is a fucking monster. Their DL is stout. They have as many sacks now as Dallas had from it's DL all of last year.....or damn close, most of it from Watt.

They can bring pressure from the outside too but the sack numbers aren't exactly eye popping but I'm not sure if that's because the guys who brought pressure last year are doing so less this year or if Watt is simply kicking so much ass there's not much room for others. He's got like 7.5 sacks through 4 games. That's pretty damn amazing from a 3-4 DE.

But, they had a shitty defense and addressed it. And, not to be content, they drafted a DE in the first year again this year.

Props to them but they can go fuck themselves for this week cause I'm going against them in FF. Figures they'd play Mark Ruffalo's retarded Doppleganger and his cast of fuck ups this week.

Reaction score
Good for Houston.

The Cowboys got the best Cb in free agency and the best Cb in the draft.

And yet the Cowboys suck.

Different strokes for different folks.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here's an official Rick Dennison for HC nomination. It won't fix the defense but I'd love to see Romo running his offense.

Top Bottom