Reaction score
Morris Claiborne learns from touchdown mistake
October, 3, 2012
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Morris Claiborne gave up the first touchdown of his career when he was beaten by Chicago’s Devin Hester for a 34-yard touchdown in the third quarter.

“It was all on me,” Claiborne said. “I feel like we had a good call up at that time. It was just me playing it wrong, playing it outside when I should’ve been inside. Chalk that up as a loss and learn from it and come back stronger the next time.”

Hester put a double move on Claiborne, faking to the outside to create even more room for Jay Cutler to make the throw. When he got to the sideline, secondary coach Jerome Henderson let him know he used the wrong leverage.

“I should’ve been inside from the start,” Claiborne said. “I was lingering outside and I paid for it.”

Claiborne nearly forced his first turnover of the season when he ripped the ball free from wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, but the officials overturned the call on replay. He is waiting for his first interception.

“I’m patiently waiting on that opportunity,” Claiborne said. “I feel like I had a couple of opportunities and missed my chance on it. Just waiting on the right one I guess.”

Reaction score
Rookies make the occasional rookie mistake. It is going to happen from time to time.

Claiborne does appear to have a great attitude to go along with his obvious talent.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did he learn that he will never ever ever have safety help under the current regime?

Reaction score
Pretty good play by Chicago . Qb waggle you think he's going to the sideline but cutlers arms so strong he flicked it across the field and let Hester run under it.

Top Bottom