Reaction score
We don't have an offensive line that'll protect Romo long enough for deep routes to develop, and our most potent intermediate weapon has a case of the drops.

So it would make sense a team would focus on stopping Murray and recognizing he is our biggest threat.

I'd love to see our passing game come to life though.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
They need to focus on the quick routes. Get the ball out on quick slants and get some early momentum.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, you'd think a genius could adapt.

I've been waiting for it since '07, with the exception of last year.

Seems Jason can't stand to not employ his offense. Any deviation from it seems like anathema to him.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well, you'd think a genius could adapt.

Geniuses don't adapt.

They stay the course and wait for everyone else to catch up.

50 years from now the Jason Garrett offense will be putting up points across the league and nobody will have an answer to stop it.

Reaction score
What's sad is that our offense could be the best in the league with the right coaching. We have more weapons than thse Saints and GB teams from the past couple seasons who have put up crazy yards and points.

It's really tough to assess whether a player like Dez is truly under performing when you know for sure that the OC absolutely sucks.

Reaction score
IMO, the offense could be elite with the current coach, if they had a better OL.

The franchise made its choice this past off season. Improve the defense as much as possible and make due with spare parts on the interior OL.

... so they'll have to win with defense. It worked against the Bucs. There's a decent chance it'll work against the Bears.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
IMO, the offense could be elite with the current coach, if they had a better OL.

The franchise made its choice this past off season. Improve the defense as much as possible and make due with spare parts on the interior OL.

... so they'll have to win with defense. It worked against the Bucs. There's a decent chance it'll work against the Bears.

Well shit, is there a coach in the NFL who couldn't get the job done with a Top 5 QB, talent at every skill position and a strong OL?

I'm not sure there's a poster on the board who could fail with such a setup.

Fuck, there's 32 teams out there and Dallas is near the bottom in points........just guessing there's at least a few who are getting more production from a less well-stocked cabinet of goods.

Reaction score
Actually, with a merely average OL, I'm thinking the Cowboys offense would likely be elite.

But the franchise didn't assemble a halfway decent OL. Instead, the OL sucks. And when the OL sucks, it is inevitable that the offense will sputter.

The defense has added high quality CBs to a pretty decent defense, though. Maybe that will be enough.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
It's really tough to assess whether a player like Dez is truly under performing when you know for sure that the OC absolutely sucks.
I think you need to put specific plays in for Dez and let him go make some plays.

I have a feeling they are trying to force Dez (and probably guys like Bennett) to adapt to exactly what Garrett wants them to do. I think a good OC will look at what all the guys on his team offer and adapt a few things to take advantage of their skill set (and perhaps game plan around their deficiencies).

Reaction score
I think you need to put specific plays in for Dez and let him go make some plays.

I have a feeling they are trying to force Dez (and probably guys like Bennett) to adapt to exactly what Garrett wants them to do. I think a good OC will look at what all the guys on his team offer and adapt a few things to take advantage of their skill set (and perhaps game plan around their deficiencies).

Make too much sense. Figure out a player's strengths and optimize your gameplan around them--or--force a generic gameplan down everyone's throats and be sure to include complicated routes that take over 5 seconds to develop.

Reaction score
No :couchscout but I have actually noticed dez's routes are sloppy and very easy to read. He's not getting as open as his talent would Indicate he should be .

That's why you'll see him mostly on the quick, sure throws. We should be using him like a prime Anquan Boldin. Option routes, drags, slants, lasso. But I don't think romo trusts him enough to be there on a 3 step drop.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score

Correct

Top Bottom