Reaction score
  • What a game. We started slow, and it seemed like it was going to be a bad night. I'm not sure what adjustments we made, but hats off to the coaching staff. Four straight scoring drives, and some real clock eaters as well.
  • Gutsy call on that third and 10 with just over 2 minutes to go. It would've been so easy and even understandable to run there, take it down to the two minute warning, and then let the defense try and win the game with a stop as the Giants woul've had about 1:50 and no time outs.
  • Chris Jones was doing a nice job last night. Booted one kick 60 yards.
  • Good signing in picking up Ryan Cook. Guy was only here a week and steps in in prime time, and the offensive line plays better. Please let the Costa experiment be over.
  • Hats off for the offensive line in general. We were up against as good a front 7 as we'll see all year, and while there was pressure and there was penalties.... Romo didn't take many big hits.
  • Romo = Kingmaker. In 6 months, Olgletree will be signing a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal with some team. And in 12 months, Romo will be making someone else look good as a #3.
  • Growing up, I was a huge stat nerd when it came to Emmitt. Always tracked his rushing yards, rushing titles, and I used to count down as early as 1993 how many yards he needed to catch Payton.

I haven't been that way with anyone before or since. But I do find myself getting amped and rooting heavily for DeMarcus Ware and sacks. So I was stoked to see him notch 2 more last night. 101.5 for his career. Here's hoping he can get that single season record in 2012.
  • I know Jeremy Parnell has won the praise and trust of the coaches as a swing tackle, but for my money, there's no excuse for letting a safety go virtually unblocked for a tackle in the backfield to stop a 4th and 1 attempt before it gets started.
  • This should've been mentioned earlier in this post, but Jason Witten is an absolute warrior. I don't know if/when the Coyboys will win a Super Bowl, but it will be a damned tragedy if this guy does not retire with a ring.
  • Happy to see Hatcher redeem himself with that sack after that semi-flukey personal foul. The hit wasn't late, and it wasn't to the head. Not sure why that was a call.
  • Felix Jones is useless.
  • Maurice Claiborn seemed to play better as the game went on. I think he gained confidence. I thought he played a better game than did Brandon Carr.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a game. We started slow, and it seemed like it was going to be a bad night. I'm not sure what adjustments we made, but hats off to the coaching staff. Four straight scoring drives, and some real clock eaters as well.

Phil Costa.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maurice Claiborn seemed to play better as the game went on. I think he gained confidence. I thought he played a better game than did Brandon Carr.

We lose that game if both Newman and Jenkins played and Campo was coaching.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm hard on the offensive line more so because I feel like our Owner didnt make it a priority, but they did play well considering the facts.

What I did notice about our defense specifically the DB's is that although their receivers were open and made catches, our guys for the most part were right there making tackles. How many times last year did we see wide receivers wide open making catches. That was a big plus for me

Have to be excited for the fact that last night is a game we almost always lose and in fact it felt like it was going to happen again but it didn't. Thats something different

If I am a player on the team not giving it 100% and I see Jason Witten out there playing against most doctors wishes. It has to make you play just a little bit harder. The man is inspirational and and underated aspect of that game last night

What can you say about Romo. The man was great. DOdging pressure all night and making the plays. Big win for him

Reaction score
Also... forgot to mention...

Hats off to Bruce Carter. Guy played exceptionally well. Was very active, and all over the field.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan Cook came in a played great, as did the line for the most of the game. Bernadeau got beat early for the Romo sack and I was like "here we go again," but the line redeemed themselves. They opened up holes from the middle of the second quarter on and protected Romo very well.

It was wierd seeing #73 on the line again. He's definitley not as quick and imposing as Allen was.

The Parnell missed blocked really had me pissed too. He just watched as the guy went right by him.

Great officiated game by the refs, IMO. I haven't seen a Dallas game that fairly called since...never.

I'm very impressed by Murray. His vision and quickness are outstanding. That long run (forgot the quarter) was one of the best I've ever seen.

More to come later...

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know Jeremy Parnell has won the praise and trust of the coaches as a swing tackle, but for my money, there's no excuse for letting a safety go virtually unblocked for a tackle in the backfield to stop a 4th and 1 attempt before it gets started.

Demarco was FURIOUS after that play. idk if it was mad at the blocking, or mad cuz they didn't give him the ball, but he was pissed.

Sorry Chase Blackburn.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm hard on the offensive line more so because I feel like our Owner didnt make it a priority, but they did play well considering the facts.

The encouraging thing was that after Costa went out Tyron had the worst night. Free handled his business for the most part, and the interior was solid, but JPP is just on some other level. Like a bigger faster younger and more freakish Julius Peppers. He's terrifying.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The defense is definitely quicker. Carter had a great game, as did Lee.

The secondary is much better coached. Guys actually play for the ball now. Carr had a few breakdowns, but he's a definite upgrade over Newman (the most overrated Cowboy ever). The safety help was also much improved.

I don't recall seeing Jenkins playing any. He can go back to Miami as far as I'm concerned.

Romo is finally hitting his prime. He had a few mistakes, but not the usual ones.

Overall, it was a great game and I was very impressed. I'm very much looking forward to the rest of the season.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The defense is definitely quicker. Carter had a great game, as did Lee.

The secondary is much better coached. Guys actually play for the ball now. Carr had a few breakdowns, but he's a definite upgrade over Newman (the most overrated Cowboy ever). The safety help was also much improved.

Our DL was getting insane push. Unlike years past where they get none or play on the wrong side of the LOS, giving up runs and letting eli have a nice clean pocket to step up into, last night Lissemore and Brent and Hatcher were all pushing hard. There was nowhere for Eli to go. That's just pure effort and I think speaks to our conditioning. Shoutout to Woicik and Hostile.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

With the exception of Scandrick. There was one play where he stood cemented to the grounjd and watched the ball come at him---if he jumps, it's an INT. Luckily Chucrch was there to bat the ball away before it was compelted by the Giants' WR.

Jon88 said:
I don't recall seeing Jenkins playing any. He can go back to Miami as far as I'm concerned.

Not so fast. I would like to see what he has to offer. Hopefully more and better than Scandrick at the #3.

Jon88 said:
Romo is finally hitting his prime. He had a few mistakes, but not the usual ones.

As opposed to the unusual ones... like the delay of game penalties, where one resulted in his INT?

Reaction score
Gutsy call on that third and 10 with just over 2 minutes to go. It would've been so easy and even understandable to run there, take it down to the two minute warning, and then let the defense try and win the game with a stop as the Giants woul've had about 1:50 and no time outs.

I wonder if Garrett had a flashback to the game versus the Patriots from last season. I could see that playing into his decision making there. Seeing as how we got burned playing it conservative against the Pats.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From a purely statistical standpoint there is no reason to call a run there and I'm sure thats what Garret knew/was told by Callahan. If you throw it and it's an incompletion, at worst we are giving the Giants the ball with 2 minutes left and no timeouts, which would have been the exact same outcome if we ran it and didn't pick up the first down. The only reason not to pass would be fear of a turnover, and if you have confidence in your QB that isn't a factor.

I think the Pats still had timeouts.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
, but JPP is just on some other level. Like a bigger faster younger and more freakish Julius Peppers. He's terrifying.

He is down right scarry and is very very young with limited football pedigree.

Heres hoping he ruptures an achillies

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is down right scarry and is very very young with limited football pedigree.

Heres hoping he ruptures an achillies

Pregame I got annoyed because one of the analysts said "This guy is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now"

Postgame I'm like yes they're probably right.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Pregame I got annoyed because one of the analysts said "This guy is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now"

Postgame I'm like yes they're probably right.

it's hard to disagree with that and I love Demarcus, but this guy is disruptive on every single play. Reminds me of Bruce Smith

Top Bottom