cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who's saying that?

Romney supported U.S. Rep Paul Ryan's budget, which many critics say would effectively eliminate Medicaid, the government health care program for the poor and disabled. It would also cut food stamps by $127 billion.

Romney said that he's "not concerned about the very poor," citing the social safety net in place for that segment of the populace and adding that he's focused on the middle class.

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They keep telling poor people over and over again they do not care about them. Poor people keep cheering them on. I guess everyone is realistically one lottery ticket away from joining the rich.

I mean Jesus Christ when you start looking at the things they say it's obvious.

Tax breaks for the wealthiest.
Their campaign against education - particularly teachers unions and the desire to privatize education so the quality of your education becomes entirely dependent upon your parents ability to fund it.
To pay for tax breaks slash spending on public programs that help everyone. Continue to spend on defense because their buddies need that money to keep rolling in.
After they've borrowed (stole) from funds like social security and medicaire, declare them insolvent and work towards dismantling them with no intention of paying the American people back the trillions that they've put in. Just get rid of them and say good luck to ya.

It goes on and on. The rhetoric is always consistent. Empower the rich, subjugate the poor. Make it impossible to climb the wealth ladder.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Romney supported U.S. Rep Paul Ryan's budget, which many critics say would effectively eliminate Medicaid, the government health care program for the poor and disabled. It would also cut food stamps by $127 billion.

Romney said that he's "not concerned about the very poor," citing the social safety net in place for that segment of the populace and adding that he's focused on the middle class.

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."

Whats wrong with what he said? It's pretty true.

He's not saying he doesn't CARE about the poor. He's saying they have a safety net, ie welfare etc.

Like it or not, the middle class is what makes everything go in this country. The rich are who allow us to make everything go. I agree with him. The middle class is being shafted. When the middle class is struggling, the whole country is struggling.

Its not rocket science. When you tax the hell out of the rich/big business, or you place extreme regulations, you eliminate jobs. You also run businesses out of the country.

I don't know about you, but I've never been given a paycheck from a poor person. So, IMO, not only is the trashing of the rich dumb, it's also hypocritical.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep taxes ridiculously low for rich people - in order to fund that lack of revenue, slash public programs that assist the poor, and youth who could use money for education and the like in order to better themselves/try to increase their worth.

every idea they have boils down to 'Give advantage to the wealthy - in order to fund said advantage, strip advantage from the less privileged."

At least the democrats are honest, and want everyone to chip in more so that everyone benefits, and aren't still promising some Reagan-era trickle down bullshit that has never worked.

talk about brainwashed

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Whats wrong with what he said? It's pretty true.

He's not saying he doesn't CARE about the poor. He's saying they have a safety net, ie welfare etc.

Like it or not, the middle class is what makes everything go in this country. The rich are who allow us to make everything go. I agree with him. The middle class is being shafted. When the middle class is struggling, the whole country is struggling.

Its not rocket science. When you tax the hell out of the rich/big business, or you place extreme regulations, you eliminate jobs. You also run businesses out of the country.

I don't know about you, but I've never been given a paycheck from a poor person. So, IMO, not only is the trashing of the rich dumb, it's also hypocritical.

You're right about the rich, although lately the middle class hasn't made everything go because the pool has gotten reduced significantly, exactly because big businesses are being run out of this country. Whether by the government or out of greed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

do some homework:

http://www.factcheck.org/tag/paul-ryan/

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That is far less of a factor than what you can pay citizens in those other countries. They're not in China because of taxes they are there because of payroll. And we are seeing companies leaving places like China now because the Chinese workers are getting higher wages and benefits.

Cutting taxes for the rich and deregulating business does not stimulate economic growth, ever. Empowering the poor and middle classes with higher minimum wage and programs/tax cuts that give them more expendable income, and making sure that they are well-educated so they can realize their potential ALWAYS stimulates the economy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That is far less of a factor than what you can pay citizens in those other countries. They're not in China because of taxes they are there because of payroll. And we are seeing companies leaving places like China now because the Chinese workers are getting higher wages and benefits.

Cutting taxes for the rich and deregulating business does not stimulate economic growth, ever. Empowering the poor and middle classes with higher minimum wage and programs/tax cuts that give them more expendable income, and making sure that they are well-educated so they can realize their potential ALWAYS stimulates the economy.

Ronald Reagan would like a word with you.

Okay, so giving lazy people free money is going to make them want to work for their money? That always works.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ask Joe Biden, we need moar jobs.

Rich people have the ability to give those out if gov gets the hell off their backs.

And yes, big business leaves the country because of regulation.

It may be even more detrimental on a state level, though. You k ow how many companies have left California because of faggoty regulations? It's not just big business, it's small businesses too.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ronald Reagan would like a word with you.

Okay, so giving lazy people free money is going to make them want to work for their money? That always works.

Who said anything about lazy people or free money?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Business is going the way of the Internet anyways. We're all screwed so just buy stocks while you still have income.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rich people have the ability to give those out if gov gets the hell off their backs.

Why would they?

There is no demand, because the poor and middle class have no money to spend. Their wages have not kept up with inflation and many have little to no money for luxuries. Meanwhile the rich are richer than ever, and the gap continues to widen. They pay tax at an all-time low rate.

What have they done with all this extra money? Have I missed the opening of factories where they pay people to produce goods that there are no demand for just because they are generous and want the poor to have jobs?

Republicans and their supporters seem to be under the impression that if we keep giving the rich money, or get off their backs and allow them to dump toxic waste in our drinking water they will just magically "create jobs" out of the goodness of their sweet little hearts. Which is absolutely fucking retarded, particularly because we have a decade of recent history that says the exact opposite.

They will create jobs when there is a demand. So the issue is creating a demand. How do you do this? By giving the majority of Americans (non-rich) more money, which they can turn around and spend on more things. Suddenly rich people NEED to open more businesses to meet demand, instead of sitting on their money like they are doing now.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

You're a smart guy, SP. are you being contrary on purpose?

People don't have money to spend because people don't have jobs. It's that simple, even if it looks like it's complicated.

You grow/stimulate the economy, by, get this, investing in people. You give them jobs so they can go out to eat, or go to super Walmart and buy diapers without pulling out their EBT card.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I'm not even gonna front - Democrats are nearly as guilty of this. They're in the pockets of the same people. They pay lip service to taxing the rich but never actually do anything. The difference I see is that they are not actively campaigning to make it worse for the poor and middle class. Somehow the Republicans do that, continue to piss on their constituents' heads and tell them it's raining, and the people keep cheering them on. Yay! Take more of our money and public programs away! Let's pay our underpaid teachers less money! Take away access to public education so everyone has a fighting chance! Let's get back to pre-industrial revolution standards of living and working conditions! Take us back in time daddy.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol

You're a smart guy, SP. are you being contrary on purpose?

People don't have money to spend because people don't have jobs. It's that simple, even if it looks like it's complicated.

You grow/stimulate the economy, by, get this, investing in people. You give them jobs so they can go out to eat, or go to super Walmart and buy diapers without pulling out their EBT card.

Great plan. We've given the wealthy all the breaks in the world. They have more money than they've ever had. Where are the jobs? See above. Noone is going to create jobs for no fucking reason, with no demand. We could easily create demand by raising minimum wage, empowering the middle class with tax breaks and access to education funded by raising taxes on the wealthy, and trying to lessen the gap between the middle class and wealthy - but Republicans want to do absolutely none of this. Why?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
PS Sheik can I have your password this year or do I need to call Directv? Keep in mind I'll lick your butthole.

Top Bottom