dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
phag got what he deserved- shitcanned by his boss

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...ck-fil-worker-gets-him-fired/?intcmp=trending

Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

Published August 03, 2012

FoxNews.com

People on both sides of the Chick-fil-A debate seemed to agree that a Tucson man who made a viral video belittling a patient restaurant worker acted like a sanctimonious jerk, even his boss – make that ex-boss.

Adam Smith, who posted an online video of himself going through a Chick-fil-A drive-thru and ordering only the free water, was canned from his gig as chief financial officer of Vante, a Tucson medical manufacturing company, after the video made the rounds.

“Chick-fil-A is a hateful company,” Smith tells the employee. "I don’t know how you sleep at night,” Smith adds at another point. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values.”

After the employee, who never loses her composure, wishes Smith a nice day, he responds “I will. I just did something really good. I feel purposeful.”

“We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante."

- Roger Vogel, boss of man who belittled Chick-fil-A worker

Smith pulled the video from YouTube, but by then, it had already gone viral. People on both sides of the debate blasted him for his treatment of the woman in thousands of posts online.

On Thursday, Smith’s boss at Vante, CEO Roger Vogel, cashiered Smith.

“Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A,” the company said in a statement. “Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

“We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith's actions against Vante and its employees,” the statement continued.

Vogel said he wasn’t weighing in on either side of the debate, which began when Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said he supports the “biblical” definition of marriage. Same-sex marriage advocates blasted the company, which in turn prompted a national outpouring of support for the chicken chain on Wednesday.

Smith previously taught as an adjunct lecturer at the University of Arizona, according to reports, but does not currently hold a position with university.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...gets-him-fired/?intcmp=trending#ixzz22WV237ur

Reaction score
The hate has to stop!

~continues to berate minimum wage employee and company~

On, and I'm totally hetero btw! Ignore the lisp.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
we are going to have tons of new members with this wonderful thread title.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He should have picked on someone his own size (say Dan Cathy), but I wouldn't have fired him. The fact that he tried to delete it from YT tells you he knew he fucked up.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Combating perceived intolerance with very real intolerance. Ahh, when someone gets shot for kissing their mate in front of someone's 4 year old during the "Kiss In" planned, this will be interesting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He should have picked on someone his own size (say Dan Cathy), but I wouldn't have fired him. The fact that he tried to delete it from YT tells you he knew he fucked up.

it was a dickbag move...I wish the girl would have thrown a pot of hot coffee on his shithead face

Reaction score
I don’t understand why he got fired. He didn’t do anything illegal. It was his way in showing his displeasure with the company. Was it effective? I don’t know, he looked bad because the chick was classy and kept her composure.

Reaction score
Combating perceived intolerance with very real intolerance. Ahh, when someone gets shot for kissing their mate in front of someone's 4 year old during the "Kiss In" planned, this will be interesting.

There seems to be no end to the ridiculous things you say.

Reaction score
I don’t understand why he got fired. He didn’t do anything illegal. It was his way in showing his displeasure with the company. Was it effective? I don’t know, he looked bad because the chick was classy and kept her composure.

I was a little surprised he was fired as well. The guy was a douche and his only accomplishment was looking like a jackass in front of the entire country.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

He got fired because he is a reflection of the company. We're not talking an "employee". He was an executive at the company.

Guess it falls under the "don't shit on our brand" policy. Likely not a hard policy to follow for a person who's making the kind of money he more than likely was.

If I were his boss, I would have fired his ass. Being an asshole isn't a fireable offense in itself but costing the company a ton of money sure as hell is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

REALLY?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was a little surprised he was fired as well. The guy was a douche and his only accomplishment was looking like a jackass in front of the entire country.

which the owner of that company didnt appreciate, since the guy represents his company and all

Top Bottom