Reaction score
1. Philadelphia Eagles - I'm higher on this team than most. If you look at last year, years end, there wasn't a team playing better than them - save for the Giants playoff run. But I think if it had been the Eagles that had snuck into the post season, they would've been the team that won it all. They were playing that good. Their two biggest weaknesses were slot corner (not having a true slot guy) and LB. DeMarco Ryans, provided healthy, ought to provided a major improvement to the position. And I was real high on Brandon Boykin heading into the draft and believe he could end up a steady slot corner by years end.

Here's the catch.... while I think the Eagles are the best team in the division pre-training camp, I DON'T think the Eagles win the division. I think somewhere along the line, as he always seems to do, Michael Vick gets banged up. Especially when he's going to be facing Ware, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kerrigan, Orakpo twice in the year, including games against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Detroit.

2. Green Bay Packers - Give credit to the Giants for capitalizing on opportunities, but truthfully, the Packers gave that divisional game away. Too many uncharacteristic dropped balls, and that flukey hail mary before the half. The Packers added two very good prospects (Worthy & Perry) to help with their pass rush, and a ball-hawking corner in Hayword. The Packers will once again be a machine. Hopefully Rodgers tears is achilles.

3. Dallas Cowboys - I'm a homer. We brought guys in to compete at OG/C. I think they'll provide at least adequate play, which we certainly didn't have last year. I think with the addition of Carr and Claiborne, we've turned a glaring weakness into a major strength. My biggest concern at this point is safety play. Truth be told - and yeah, I'm being a homer, but I think #3 might be low for us - provided we remain healthy. NFC East winners.

4. New York Giants - After limping into the post season in 2007, going on to win the Super Bowl in suprising fashion, the Giants bounced back in 2008 to win 12 games and take hte #1 seed in the NFC Playoffs. But why do I feel like they don't repeat that success in 2012? I cant' quite put my finger on it. Call it a gut feeling or a homer call. They ought to be better on defense, with a lot of injured depth returning. Truthfully, I just see the Eagles, Cowboys, and Packers as better overall teams. The Giants, despite being the 4th best team in the NFC based on my rankings, might end up the third best team in the division.

5. Detroit Lions - I want to rank this team higher. I love their offensive skill position players, and I think Stafford is going to end up one of the best in the league. But I question their LT spot, and cornerbacks. Defensive line is a strength, even if Fairley is a flake.

6. Carolina Panthers - It seems odd ranking them this high. I was dead wrong on Cam Newton. I think he'll soon be regarded as one of the best players in the NFL. Their offensive line is one of the best in the league, and their running game will give people fits as it always does. Their biggest weakness, DT, isn't as bad as most people think. Wouldnt' suprise me if they end up winning the NFC South this year.

7. Chicago Bears - I like Jay Cutler. Love the acquisition of Brandon Marshall. Mike Tice takes over the offense, which means they'll likely place more of an emphasis on the run game, and that will ultimately at least make the offensive line look better, and take heat off of Culter. Matt Forte coming back is key, but they also acquired underrated pounder Mike Bush.

8. New Orleans Saints - This'll be a down year for them. The list of suspended players, losing Sean Payton, the overall controversy that'll be a year long distraction.

9. Atlanta Falcons - They, like Dallas, have questions on their interior offensive line. I'm not sold that Matt Ryan is the golden-child QB that he once was portrayed as. They've revamped their defense in some areas, but losing Curtis Lofton will hurt. Not sure how much Asante Samuel will help considering his age and the talent at WR he'll have to face.

10. San Francisco 49'ers - I think last year was a bit of a mirage. I don't think they're a 13-3 team again. I think they're the best team in the division, but it's still a division uglier than a bag of dead babies. I could easily see the Rams winning the division at years end, while the 49'ers end up 9-7, and desperately trying to find a QB in the upcoming draft.

11. St. Louis Rams - Hard team for me to rank. Part of me thinks they might suprise some people this year and actually contend for the NFC West title. Another part of me thinks they'll be a dumpster fire again. Sam Bradford needs to take the next step, and he'll need some help from his receiving corps to do that.

12. Washington Redskins - I'm not sold on RGIII. I'm not sold on that offensive line. And I'm not sold on that receiving or cornerback units. I think they'll give some teams fits, Cowboys included, but I still think they're the worst team in the division when it's all said and done.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I don't think Greg Schianno will make a quality NFL coach. I do like thier draft, but they're a young team and I'm not sold on Josh Freeman. Plus, they play in a brutal division.

14. Seattle Seahawks - Matt Flynn is a fraud. So is Pete Corral.

15. Arizona Cardinals

16. Minnesota Vikings

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Packers
Giants
Niners
Bears
Cowboys
Eagles
Saints
Falcons
Lions
Seahawks
Panthers
Rams
Bucs
Cardinals
Vikings

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I think what will hold the eagles back as you mentioned is the fact that Vick gets banged up often. The more he played last year and the more hits he took. The worse his game got.
I don't see him playing 16 games this year

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This might be the WORST power ranking list I've ever seen. Lmfao at Philly being #1..that loser Vick will never lead a team anywhere

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. The NFL is unpredictable from season to season.

And if you remember, the Eagles finished strong last season.

The Eagles finished the year in beast mode.

They won their final four games by double-digits.

They have incredible team speed.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
The Eagles finished the year in beast mode.

They won their final four games by double-digits.

They have incredible team speed.

And they added a couple of Peices in free agency and also a stud 1st round draft pick Health will be there only downfall

Reaction score
Agreed. And it's mostly Vick, because they have decent depth accross the board.

Vick and McCoy. They lose either of those for an extended time, and it could spell trouble.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Agreed. And it's mostly Vick, because they have decent depth accross the board.

Vick and McCoy. They lose either of those for an extended time, and it could spell trouble.

I thik losing McCoy hurts but no nearly as much as losing Vick. Running Back is interchangeable

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not to mention they lost Peters for the yr. Vick takes a pounding anyways but without his starting LT protecting his blindside. Its gonna change everything. Vick will atleast miss 2-3 games easily.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Not to mention they lost Peters for the yr. Vick takes a pounding anyways but without his starting LT protecting his blindside. Its gonna change everything. Vick will atleast miss 2-3 games easily.

Good Point about Peters

Top Bottom