Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not talking either side.

The system as a whole, how much confidence do you have in it?

Me personally, next to none.

I've heard the same bullshit arguments for a long while now.

Gay marriage, education, social security, health care.

How many of these issues is even close to being resolved?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Very little.

Both Republicans and Democrats are so far into the middle now it makes them almost the exact same party minus a few hot button issues.

Reaction score
None. We are in the downswing of what was a great country. We had a good run though.

The government is so screwed. The republicans have totally eroded us financially and seems to have no integrity. They have become fiscally liberal and a bunch of fakes on social issues

The demofags are pretty much the same as the Rs but they don't pretend to be anything different.

Don't look to the government to solve your problems. It needs to change grassroots and from person to person.

Reaction score
I think if the founding fathers knew what the US political system would turn out to be, they would have stayed under British rule. Washington is 95% of the problems we have in this Country.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I have a slight faith that the possibility of reform is built into the system and that one day it will either get bad enough of that sensible reform, dictatorship, or revolution takes place.

Reaction score
I think if the founding fathers knew what the US political system would turn out to be, they would have stayed under British rule. Washington is 95% of the problems we have in this Country.

Actually, since the people elected these turds and rolled over for them it is the voters fault.

We gave it up like a cheap whore because we became comfortable, then dependent, then apathetic.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
195 other countries bro.

This is your response?

"Take it or leave it".

Sorry, I'd rather see and actually be a part of (however the hell that would be possible) improvement.

This sort of statement cracks me up. Rather than work towards improvement, some like downward comparisons to bump the ego.

"Well, we could be Boobeckistan-a-raq-a-slovakia and castrate people for sneezing in public.......at least we aren't that bad"

I'll agree, at least we are fucking completely uncivilized. Too bad we are smart enough or ambitious enough to build upon what is already in place.

Reaction score
His statement was tongue in cheek. A shot at the Zone mentality if you criticize the Cowboys they tell you to go root for another team.

Back to your question though, like you, I have zero faith in our political system. I'm guilty of becoming apathetic. I've all but given up even really paying attention to politics because I think it's all a sham, and quite frankly, I have enough stressors in my life to worry about it.

This country needs a revolution, but the citizens are too apathetic (like me) or comfortable to fight for real change.

America is quickly going to shit. Greatest country in the world, my ass.

Cythim

Reaction score
195 other countries bro.

Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence bro?

all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed

whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

Reaction score
Actually, since the people elected these turds and rolled over for them it is the voters fault.

We gave it up like a cheap whore because we became comfortable, then dependent, then apathetic.
I don't know how much you can blame the voters... When you have a choice between shit and more shit, your options are kind of limited.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is your response?

"Take it or leave it".

Sorry, I'd rather see and actually be a part of (however the hell that would be possible) improvement.

This sort of statement cracks me up. Rather than work towards improvement, some like downward comparisons to bump the ego.

"Well, we could be Boobeckistan-a-raq-a-slovakia and castrate people for sneezing in public.......at least we aren't that bad"

I'll agree, at least we are fucking completely uncivilized. Too bad we are smart enough or ambitious enough to build upon what is already in place.

Completely kidding. I was just responding with the typical Zone mentality that you should go root for another team/country if you don't think that everything about your team/country is amazing and cannot be criticized.

Reaction score
I don't know how much you can blame the voters... When you have a choice between shit and more shit, your options are kind of limited.

Right, but we didn't wake up one day and find ourselves in this situation. We first had to bend over before all of this. When you give the government more power they will take it. It could be changed right now but good folks like you and me only see two choices. We don't have the guts to make a real change with our vote.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

The problem is, we also vote those choices into the actual election via the primaries.

Ron Paul isn't shit, but can't get voted in because he doesn't pander to the middle.

It damn sure is the voters.

Reaction score
The problem is, we also vote those choices into the actual election via the primaries.

Ron Paul isn't shit, but can't get voted in because he doesn't pander to the middle.

It damn sure is the voters.
It's a circular problem. Politicians are liars, voters are stupid.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If America really sucked we'd revolt.

Yeah bureacracy is too crazy and govt. is too big and change on anything takes FOREVER but all in all our government keeps us safe and provides an environment where we can lead pretty great lives. We bitch about it regardless. We don't revolt because we are comfortable. Thanks government.

I mean, I took a 2,000 mile roadtrip last weekend on the 101 and the 1. The 1 is a road that has no business existing once you get into the north. There is nothing on it, it is miles between "towns" and it is incredibly costly to construct the road because for most of it, it is on the side of a fucking mountain. But we have it, and we can drive on it, for free, because of our government/taxes. That's really freaking cool and I'm thankful that we live in a place and under a government that allows us luxuries like that. There are things that could be better but all in all, America - fuck yeah.

Top Bottom