C

Cr122

They could possibly franchise him. But then why would you pay McNabb as one of the top 5 QBs? McNabb had wanted to go to the Vikings or Cardinals.

He would've been better off with either Arizona or Minnesota.

Washington's offensive line is horrible.

Reaction score
Jammal Brown-T-Redskins Aug. 10 - 11:58 am et

Redskins RT Jammal Brown will receive an injection this week in his surgically repaired hip.

We're still a month away from the season, but this is an injury to track. Brown underwent surgery last season to repair a hip injury and a sports hernia. He's missed six straight practices and will not play Friday's exhibition opener.
Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

C

Cr122

Jammal Brown-T-Redskins Aug. 10 - 11:58 am et

Redskins RT Jammal Brown will receive an injection this week in his surgically repaired hip.

We're still a month away from the season, but this is an injury to track. Brown underwent surgery last season to repair a hip injury and a sports hernia. He's missed six straight practices and will not play Friday's exhibition opener.
Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Put a fork in him, he's done.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is just speculation . . . but I don't think McNabb has signed his contract extension with the Redskins, has he?

Wouldn't it be hillarious if he just played out his 1 year in Washington, and then went on to Minnesota next year?

Redskins would've given up what . . . a 2nd and a 4th for 1 year of service.

lol

He hasn't signed an extension. He's saying all the right things, kind of like the carront on the stick. Like I've been saying, he has his sights on either the Cardinals or Vikings' job after thsi season.

C

Cr122

He hasn't signed an extension. He's saying all the right things, kind of like the carront on the stick. Like I've been saying, he has his sights on either the Cardinals or Vikings' job after thsi season.

If I were a betting man, I would say Minnesota.

I think it's Favre's last year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Put a fork in him, he's done.

The problem with hip injuries is the constant stress that is put on them. As an Olineman or any player for that matter, I would imagine it is one of the worse injuries and surgeries to have, because as an Olineman, they are always squatting and have to be able to get out of their stances quick either on a run or pass blocking. Do the Redskins really want a guy with bad hips going up against Ware, Spencer, Osi, JPP---he looked good, Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Coles? That's just in the NFC East---twice. Yeah I know Brown is a former first team all-pro, but he has never went against a collection of prolific pass rushers on such a consistant basis as he will against the NFC East.

C

Cr122

The problem with hip injuries is the constant stress that is put on them. As an Olineman or any player for that matter, I would imagine it is one of the worse injuries and surgeries to have, because as an Olineman, they are always squatting and have to be able to get out of their stances quick either on a run or pass blocking. Do the Redskins really want a guy with bad hips going up against Ware, Spencer, Osi, JPP---he looked good, Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Coles? That's just in the NFC East---twice. Yeah I know Brown is a former first team all-pro, but he has never went against a collection of prolific pass rushers on such a consistant basis as he will against the NFC East.

That's exactly why I said that LL, there's no way he can keep bending and twisting with these monsters they have in the league now.

They'll just blow right by him and make him their bitch. He's done with that type of injury.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's exactly why I said that LL, there's no way he can keep bending and twisting with these monsters they have in the league now.

They'll just blow right by him and make him their bitch. He's done with that type of injury.

But Redskins' swear that they now have the best Olien in the division. They are ragging on the Cowboys' Oline, and granted the Cowboys have issues right now, but the injuries the Cowboys have are short-term. The Redskins still have 2-3 of the componants of that bad Oline.

C

Cr122

But Redskins' swear that they now have the best Olien in the division. They are ragging on the Cowboys' Oline, and granted the Cowboys have issues right now, but the injuries the Cowboys have are short-term. The Redskins still have 2-3 of the componants of that bad Oline.

Exactly, they're worse off than we are.

sbk92

Reaction score
We have all of the "componants" of the line that got dominated in Minnesota.

This is like two midgets arguing over who's taller. Both lines are mediocre at best.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have all of the "componants" of the line that got dominated in Minnesota.

This is like two midgets arguing over who's taller. Both lines are mediocre at best.

Well idiot, if our Oline was indicative of that ONE GAME in Minnesota... then we wouldn't have won 12 games. No Way. Amazing as to how youw ant to put so much weight on that one game and ignore the previous 12.

sbk92

Reaction score
Well idiot, if our Oline was indicative of that ONE GAME in Minnesota... then we wouldn't have won 12 games. No Way. Amazing as to how youw ant to put so much weight on that one game and ignore the previous 12.

Ignore the previous 12? Is that how many we played before that?

It is indicative of how they played. Everytime we needed a push in short yardage they weren't around to give it. They failed. That's why we have to run so many delays and draws. Because we need that defense to take a false step at the snap to create any movement at the line of scrimmage. It's why we have to throw so often down in the red zone too.

This is something a football savant like me picks up immediately. You don't have the gift. I won't insult you. You're simply playing the hand you were dealt.

C

Cr122

Short term, maybe. Long term, no. We have no players along the OL that I would want starting here in 3 years. Not a one. They at least have one. Trent Williams.

I think Free is going to be fine, he at least has proven himself at right tackle.

Williams still hasn't played a full season.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hmmm.. the Redskins. Their fans were talking so much trash after beating the Bills... you wouldn't believe it, or maybe you would. Wondering what they are saying now? Oh I know. "No big deal... it's just preseason."

C

Cr122

Hmmm.. the Redskins. Their fans were talking so much trash after beating the Bills... you wouldn't believe it, or maybe you would. Wondering what they are saying now? Oh I know. "No big deal... it's just preseason."

lol

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Albert Haynesworth is at it again....

Haynesworth: Redskins underplayed my medical condition

Associated Press Published: Aug. 21, 2010 at 01:26 a.m. Updated: Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:13 a.m

LANDOVER, Md. -- Albert Haynesworth took his most defiant stand yet against Mike Shanahan on Saturday night, saying the Washington Redskins coach underplayed the two-time All-Pro's medical condition in recent days and that he intends to boycott next year's offseason conditioning program as well.

Speaking after the Redskins' 23-3 preseason loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Haynesworth also said he shouldn't have been playing in the third quarter, when only backups were in the game.

Haynesworth stopped practicing early Tuesday at training camp and didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday. Shanahan gave varying explanations for Haynesworth's idleness each day. The coach initially said Haynesworth "just was sick," then said the cause was dehydration, then finally said it was "more of a headache than anything else."

Haynesworth said he had something more, but he didn't specify what.

"You'll have to ask them, but I guess they'll tell you 'headaches' again," said Haynesworth, emphasizing the word by holding his fingers in the air to simulate quotation marks. "It was part of it, but it wasn't all of it. They left out a whole lot of stuff."

Why would the Redskins do that?

"I don't know. I guess make yourself look good, I don't know. Make me look bad for not going to their offseason conditioning program," Haynesworth said. "But, I mean, next year I'm not coming either. I'll be on my trainer again, and I'll get back in the same shape I'm in, and feel good about myself."

It was Haynesworth's boycott of the Redskins' offseason program that drew Shanahan's ire all spring. Haynesworth stayed away in part because he wanted to work with his own trainer, but also because he wanted a trade so he wouldn't have to play nose tackle in a 3-4 defense.

Because he didn't participate in the offseason work, Haynesworth was required by Shanahan to pass a conditioning test in order to practice at training camp. Haynesworth failed on his first attempts and didn't pass the test until the 10th day of camp.

Once he started practicing, Haynesworth was made to work with the second-stringers. He played with the backups in the first preseason game a week ago and again Saturday night, entering in the second half after all the starters had departed.

"Third quarter. I'm a ninth-year pro," Haynesworth said. "I don't think I should have been out there in the third quarter. But, for having 'headaches' again, that was what they wanted to do."

The Redskins said Shanahan will respond to Haynesworth's statements Monday, when the team resumes practice. Addressing reporters before Haynesworth spoke, Shanahan reiterated his stance on the lineman's place on the team.

"He wasn't going to play with the first or second team for obvious reasons," Shanahan said. "He's going to have to earn his way to play with that group."

Top Bottom