Reaction score
For the life of me, I'll never understand why people can't be honest about their team.

I'm approaching 10 years on these boards, and I can count on my fingers and toes the amount of people I've "met" that had the ability to set aside rooting interest when talking football.

I've been called every name in the book for saying we sucked during our 5-11 seasons years ago. By the same people who can now admit we sucked then. But they can never admit anything in the present.

You're guilty of the same thing.

See below . . .

It's like with Jerry. The truth about that guy, a truth that will never change, is he's a fake GM. He doesn't know personnel. He doesn't know how to put together a football team. He doesn't understand the inner workings of what makes one tick. He's a con man and a salesman who puts himself over the success of his team. He cashed in some of that Cowboys' mystique to get a real football man in here to build what we see today. The Cowboys will always be working at a disadvantage in the front office as long as he's in it.

Quick . . . make a Tony Dixon joke.

Reaction score
But I am one of the rare fans who is a worthy read.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahah

haha
hahahahaha

hahahahhhahahah man that was a good one

who thinks this? you? lol

and if you dont like reading what I have to say there is a nice ignore option this forum offers I ask you to please use it on me

Reaction score
lol oops well it allows mods to ignore other mods

Did your computer come with one of these:

keys-058.jpg

Reaction score
I said nothing about true fans. I'm sad that you read that and that's what you got out of it. It makes me concerned for your safety.

But I am one of the rare fans who is a worthy read.

Why is that? I'm never wrong? No. I am. But I can tell you right now what you think of anything Cowboys related now and in the future. You'll spin positive. Always. Making you a complete waste of time to read. The Cowboys sign receiver X in free agency. I wonder what illuminati thinks about that. No I don't. Because I already know. You offer me nothing.

But don't feel too bad. There are legions of you around. Stuffed in cyber buses all across this country.

With me you're going to get my honest opinion. It could be positive, it could be negative. Maybe it's right and maybe it's wrong. But it's always exactly what I think of the situation as if it's any team in the league. No fluff. No spin. I can read a guy like that and take what he says seriously.

I think your a great article poster!!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Both have great natural receiving skills (body control, soft hands, leaping ability). Moss is more a speed guy. Dez looks more physical.

Ray Sherman and Gunter Brewer . . . the only two guys I know of who have coached both Randy Moss and Dez Bryant, say the comparisons are valid.

In fact . . . I'm pretty sure Brewer went so far as to say that Dez is the best receiver he's ever coached when it comes to grabbing a jump ball.

Pretty high praise.

Bryant is better at coming out of his breaks than Moss.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's nice. Those guys have a connection to him. They're supposed to support the player.

Moss is on another level. He is easily the most talented receiver ever to play in the NFL and there isn't a close 2nd. Certainly not Dez Bryant.

A guy with his size, speed, hands, jumping ability. I can't even imagine what he would have done if he had a work ethic of a Jerry Rice or a Michael Irvin. He is the offensive version of Deion Sanders. Just a freak of nature you probably won't see the likes of for many years.

I can be excited about Bryant being here without ridiculously comparing him to Randy Moss.

And I don't agree about the character thing. This is a guy who whined about Miami asking legitimate questions and then refused his rookie hazing. I think at worst he's a diva that will need to be handled with kid gloves over his career. I worry about how he'll act when he has some success in the NFL.

The guy asked him if his mother was a whore... how is that a legitmate question? Does it pertain to football in some manner? As for a diva, I live up here in Minnesota so I got to see some diva and Bryant is NOTHING like Moss or Carter for that matter in terms of attitude.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He created the Miami situation. He didn't handle it. It was his own lack of maturity that caused that to get to the media. A man in that situation answers the question and it's forgotten about.

Just like he created the hazing incident. He wasn't a victim. It was his own doing. He's got a little Terrell Owens in him where he starts something and then cries victim when it snowballs.

Coaches say things all the time. Bet ya a beer Quincy Carter's coaches sang his praise when he was entering the NFL. It means nothing to me. Give me the talent evaluator with no ties to the player.

Man shut up. Nobody would have known about the hazing incident if Roy didn't go running off to the media. Funny, you have a problem with a player refusing to carry another player's pads as part of a rookie hazing ritual, but have no problem about a player running to the media over this crap?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How did he not create both situations?

Miami asked a legitimate question. If your mother is a hooker and I'm thinking of drafting you, I want to know about it. I want to know who you surround yourself with. What are those influences? Particularly when you're dealing with a guy currently suspended from finishing his college career.

That doesn't get to the media if Dez Bryant doesn't whine about it like a child. Then when people react to it, he plays victim.

If he carries the pads, like any other rookie entering the league, there's no story. But instead of being one of the guys, he decides he's special and doesn't have to. Big story. Again, one he created.

Did anybody ask you if your mother was a hooker when you applied for a job?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is a good GM.

Check your calender . . . it's not 2002 anymore.

There are alot worse GMs than Jerry. Funny as to how people want to criticize Jerry for his mistakesa---and as they should, but those same people don't want to give him credit when things go well. He's a Parcells' ballwasher. Hey sbk! If it wasn't for Jerry Jones, we would have selected Marcus Spears FIRST instead of Demarcus Ware, as Parcells desired.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In their prime . . . I'd take Larry Fitzgerald over Randy Moss.

I would to. Moss wouldn't run over the middle in his prime and still barely does that. Fitzgerald is definitely the better route runner. I'd rather that Bryant turns out to be more like Fitzgerald than like Moss.

sbk92

Reaction score
Did anybody ask you if your mother was a hooker when you applied for a job?

If I was in that position and a team was considering investing in me like that as a 1st round pick and I had that baggage, it wouldn't bother me at all. I would expect it. The GM that drafts me is risking his job. Unless you have an owner who pretends to be one, like here. Then there are no consequences.

Honestly, I'd put more blame on my Mother for having to be asked a question like that. Not to the team dotting it's Is and crossing it's Ts.

To take it as......he's talking about meh Moms!!....is asinine and juvenile. The type of thing you'd expect in a school yard.

sbk92

Reaction score
I would to. Moss wouldn't run over the middle in his prime and still barely does that. Fitzgerald is definitely the better route runner. I'd rather that Bryant turns out to be more like Fitzgerald than like Moss.

Let's just say I'd forearm smash you out of my war room.

Either that or just block the ramp so you can't get in.

Top Bottom