C

Cr122

Austin Lands On Another SI Cover
Posted by nickeatman at 7/20/2010 6:19 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

blog post photoMiles Austin has just 12 NFL starts. Yet, he’s already at two Sports Illustrated covers.

The Cowboys receiver landed on another SI cover this week for the NFL’s preview issue. Obviously, Austin is one of the NFL’s hottest players. Part of that was the way he played last year. I’m sure his current girlfriend is a factor as well.

Either way, Austin has officially emerged as an NFL superstar and is becoming the face of the league, not just the Cowboys.

That’s quite a jump for a guy pegged as the fourth receiver this time a year ago.

In the magazine, writer Pablo S. Torre wrote a profile on Austin, highlighting his upbeat personality and continuing humility even after last year.

Torre writes: “He has been present at every organized team activity and minicamp, usually flying in from Los Angeles, where he’s been training this off-season (and dating *reality-TV star Kim Kardashian). When asked about the Cowboys’ trading up three spots to select Bryant, Austin only praises the rookie. And about his contract situation he says, true to form, ‘I’m not really the holdout type. This is the place I want to be.’ ”

Austin was also on the cover of Sports Illustrated last November.

C

Cr122

It's a really good looking cover too. I just wish he wasn't wearing the #2.

Yeah I wish it would of let me paste the image to the cover. It was in the article.

I'm still learning with this new site too.

Reaction score
AustinSIcover.jpg

Top Bottom