Reaction score
Earlier today it was reported that suspended Georgia star safety Bacarri Rambo could have played his last game as a Georgia Bulldog.

Is Tennessee's Da'Rick Rogers the next star player planning on leaving the SEC?

The Volunteers wide receiver, who did not participate in the team's practice Thursday morning because head coach Derek Dooley told the local media Rogers has "to do some stuff" in order to return, is considering a transfer to Georgia State, according to Panthersville.com.

If he does make the move, he would be able to play immediately because the Panthers are an FCS school. Coincidentally -- or perhaps not -- Rogers could play against the Vols this season because Georgia State plays Dooley's squad on September 8 in Knoxville.

Rogers told the website that he is considering a transfer and that "Georgia State would be the only place I'd look at."

Last fall, Rogers led the Vols with 67 receptions for 1,040 yards. If Rogers does leave, it will be yet another blow for Dooley, who enters a make-or-break third season in Knoxville.

Reaction score
What is it with ridiculously talented, 5 star Vol's playing a year in Knoxville and then transfering, getting suspended, or otherwise hauling ass?

Janzen Jackson.
Bryce Brown (#1 recruit in 2009)
Nu'Keese RIchardson

Now Rogers?

What the fuck, Vols?

Reaction score
Janzen was one of Kiffin's thugs. Da'Rick? Idk. But feh, UT signed a great WR class this year led by a 5 star JC transfer.

Reaction score
Janzen was one of Kiffin's thugs. Da'Rick? Idk. But feh, UT signed a great WR class this year led by a 5 star JC transfer.

I like Justin Hunter more than Da'Rick. But Da'Rick is like a mini-Terrel Owens, but without the knuckle-headedness.

Bray is an uber-talented young QB as well.

If Da'Rick got his shit together, he could have one hell of a year and be in the mix as one of the top Wr's in the draft next year. He'd be a fool to transfer to GA State and start all over again.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I don't see that. Kiffin hasn't really had any player issues since he's been back at SC either.

Reaction score
I like Justin Hunter more than Da'Rick. But Da'Rick is like a mini-Terrel Owens, but without the knuckle-headedness.

Bray is an uber-talented young QB as well.

If Da'Rick got his shit together, he could have one hell of a year and be in the mix as one of the top Wr's in the draft next year. He'd be a fool to transfer to GA State and start all over again.

He's a great talent but his head is a mess. He's a big reason WR coach Charlie Baggett is gone.

Reaction score
I don't see that. Kiffin hasn't really had any player issues since he's been back at SC either.

Kiffin even said himself he did things at Tennessee he didn't have to do at USC, like the over the top bravado and recruiting questionable character in order to get top tier talent. Now as a UT fan, I don't think it's necessary to use those tactics to be successful in Knoxville, but he did. There's been a slew of bad apple types transfer out since Kiffin left.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Sad state of affairs with UT football. Any news coming out of Rocky Top here lately is usually on the other end of good.

Rogers is into himself and not a team player. He's a prima donna headcase and has been since he set foot on campus. His baggage has begun to outweigh his worth to the team and they should be obliged to show him the door.

Top Bottom