dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Source: No Chris Petersen for UCLA
ESPNLosAngeles.com

UCLA is looking for a replacement for recently fired coach Rick Neuheisel, but their reported first choice won't be talking to the Bruins any time soon.

UCLA inquired about Boise State coach Chris Petersen, but the school has been told he will not be a candidate, a source told ESPN.com's Joe Schad.

Petersen would have been the first coach UCLA approached about their vacancy, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Newly hired Boise State athletic director Mark Coyle made it known in his introductory news conference Thursday that keeping Petersen was one of his top priorities.

"My No. 1 goal is to keep Chris Petersen at Boise State University," Coyle said. "He's raised the bar. How do we help him move the needle and take it to the next level?"

UCLA will play Oregon Friday in the Pac-12 championship game and Neuheisel, fired on Monday, will coach. He had his final practice with the team on Wednesday.

"I'm excited as can be about traveling with this team one more time and I'm looking forward to a great effort on Friday night," he said. "I don't have any idea how this thing will go except we're playing a damn good football team in a tough environment ... hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle."

Reaction score
He's the mark few of collage football but the only thing about Carl is that he will never have a shot at winning a national title in Boise, man does college football need a 8 game playoff system lol

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
UCLA is not a bad job right now. Los Angeles always produces top recruits and now USC has 10 less scholarships each year to offer for the next 3 years.

Reaction score
UCLA is not a bad job right now. Los Angeles always produces top recruits and now USC has 10 less scholarships each year to offer for the next 3 years.

Yeah and the way he recruits at Boise he should have no problem getting players at ucla, he seems loyal 2 Boise but I bet he would leave if a SEC power becomes available. Isn't Ole miss available that would be a good fit

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah and the way he recruits at Boise he should have no problem getting players at ucla, he seems loyal 2 Boise but I bet he would leave if a SEC power becomes available. Isn't Ole miss available that would be a good fit

Texas A&M is available now.

Petersen isnt going to Ole Miss, they are a bottom feeder program. Lots of hot babes go there though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I agree, UCLA seems like a no brainer opportunity for somebody.

Top Bottom