Cythim

Reaction score
It is all posturing in an attempt to reduce the power of the Longhorn Network. If TU is allowed to show high school games that is a major recruiting tool. The Ags need to nut up and create the Aggie Network.

Reaction score
NCAA already came out and said they could not show HS games...violates some rule. Seems like the SEC thing is picking up steam. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Cythim

Reaction score
After reading all that crap about what is going on with LHN, I hope we jump ship and never bother to play UT again. I hope it is a huge flop, just like their athletic program has been for the last five years.

Reaction score
I don't blame them. The SEC is the class of the NCAA.

Not only that, it would make financial sense for Texas A&M, and its obvious the Big "12" is dying. Why not bolt now to the best in the NCAA, instead of waiting around.

It will be a help to them recruiting as well. "Hey, kid from south Texas. Would you rather go play Kansas State in Manhattan, or go play Alabama in Tuscaloosa?"

Cythim

Reaction score
There is talk about the Ags not being able to compete, but they aren't competing in the Big 12 anyways! Only one conference title in football since joining and constantly fighting for 3rd place behind OU and UT. I never expect to win a national title (and only fools think this is our year), I just want to win bowl games. Not having to play the SEC in bowl games will be great.

We will be just as competitive as we currently are in all other sports except baseball. I like the move and hope it happens.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish they'd move conferences back to the way they were in the 70's and 80's, and bring back the old SWC too

I hate the new format. In fact I hate just about everything college football does now. The BCS has just about ruined the sport IMO.

Cythim

Reaction score
The BCS is horrible, but bowl games are the only way to go unless we can dramatically reduce the number of teams in the FBS. A complete overhaul of the system needs to happen, but it will not.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Please go to the SEC OU,,,,

Boomer !!!!!!!!!!

the popular rumor is that if A&M bolts for the SEC, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and a 4th school (maybe Houston) will join the Pac-12 thus becoming the Pac-16. Supposedly, Pac-12 has little interest in Missouri, the Kansas schools, and any of the religious schools (Baylor, TCU, SMU, BYU, etc.) Houston may get the nod so they'd have two schools in Texas.

I'm guessing in that scenario Texas goes independent??

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the popular rumor is that if A&M bolts for the SEC, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and a 4th school (maybe Houston) will join the Pac-12 thus becoming the Pac-16. Supposedly, Pac-12 has little interest in Missouri, the Kansas schools, and any of the religious schools (Baylor, TCU, SMU, BYU, etc.) Houston may get the nod so they'd have two schools in Texas.

I'm guessing in that scenario Texas goes independent??

They had people on ESPN Radio earlier this week talking about there being a shot at 4 super conferences eventually. If they were anywhere close to accurate, anyone who's someone will be in one of those.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
There is talk about the Ags not being able to compete, but they aren't competing in the Big 12 anyways! Only one conference title in football since joining and constantly fighting for 3rd place behind OU and UT. I never expect to win a national title (and only fools think this is our year), I just want to win bowl games. Not having to play the SEC in bowl games will be great.

We will be just as competitive as we currently are in all other sports except baseball. I like the move and hope it happens.

I feel the same way way about Texas Tech.Whatever minuscule chance Tech had to climb on the big stage left w/the crazy pirate.
Tuberville's a great coach,but Texas,OU,OSU,A&M and TCU are going to get the real blue chippers.
So I'd be happy if Tech gets 7-8-9 wins a year and gets a nice bowl game.

Looks to me like the Big 12 is a dead conference walking.

Reaction score
Texas A&M Board of Regents today voted to give full power to university president for possibility of leaving Big 12.

Top Bottom