Reaction score
By Graham Watson

Several news outlets have confirmed that Alabama junior offensive lineman Aaron Douglas has died.

Douglas was found dead near Jacksonville, Fla., the cause of death is unknown. He was 21.

Douglas was a transfer from Western Arizona Community College after he spent his freshman season at Tennessee where he was a freshman All-American. Douglas opted to transfer from Tennessee after coach Lane Kiffin left for USC and Derek Dooley took over the program. Douglas, a Phillip Fulmer recruit in 2008, later admitted to battling depression during the coaching change between Kiffin and Dooley.

Douglas also said he felt pressure to stay at Tennessee because of his family legacy there -- his mother, Karla Horton Douglas, played basketball for the Lady Vols and his father, David Douglas, was a UT offensive lineman.

Douglas ended up in Arizona after Dooley stipulated that Douglas could not transfer anywhere that was less than an eight-hour drive away.

Douglas transferred to Alabama in December. He had been arrested for a DUI around Christmas, but went through spring drills and was expected to be a key contributor for the Tide this season.

Josh McNeil, Aaron Douglas's former roommate of two years, told Clay Travis, author of the book On Rocky Top: "I'm devastated. He was one of best friends you could have."

Douglas did have a Twitter page (@80Fresh) and did update it several times Wednesday. His last tweets were around midnight (ET)talking about spending time with friends and asking who was still awake.

His Twitter profile description read: I have a dream in the process of becoming a reality.... Very #Thankful for my situation!!!! Alabama Football player #77.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He played this past year for Arizona Western JC and I got to interview and scout him for the WeAreSC website when his team played locally against Phoenix JC. He looked like a lock for SC but chose Alabama. He definitely had NFL potential. He was also an aspiring rapper.

Reaction score
He played this past year for Arizona Western JC and I got to interview and scout him for the WeAreSC website when his team played locally against Phoenix JC. He looked like a lock for SC but chose Alabama. He definitely had NFL potential. He was also an aspiring rapper.

He was a talented kid. He could've been something.

I remember there was all sorts of concerns about him after he left UT, and that he was considering flushing his NFL potential down the drain to pursue a rapping career.

Top Bottom