SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
From The SportsPickle:

The five newest inductees to the XFL Hall of Fame were enshrined yesterday afternoon in a ceremony in front of Pete’s Bowl-A-Rama off Route 16 in Rapid City, South Dakota. Though he was too busy “doing stuff” to attend the ceremony, Vince McMahon offered his congratulations to the players.
“Today is a great day for the XFL and its dozens to possibly even scores of fans,” said the league founder. “Now these much deserving players will have a signed Polaroid of themselves on the wall behind the snack counter next to all the former greats who were privileged enough to grace the hallowed grounds of wherever we played the games.”

“I never thought I’d see this day,” said former Las Vegas Outlaw running back Leroy Collins. “My picture … up on the wall … next to greats like Big Sexy and He Hate Me and, um … Carl, is it? I wanna say Carl. Anyways, it’s a great feeling.”

Memphis Maniax linebacker Jeff Kerr was especially gracious in his speech.

“I just want to thank Mr. McMahon for giving me the opportunity to play professional football after literally everyone else, including my parents, wife, and children, told me it would never happen and that I should just give up and get a job,” he said. “You’ve made me the happiest man in the world. Also I want to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to Timmy in Lane 3, sign-ups for League night on Wednesday will be starting next week, and Ted, your pizza’s ready. Thank you all so very much.”

Though he was snubbed for a third consecutive year, former Birmingham Bolt Casey Weldon remains optimistic for his chances of one day joining this illustrious group.

“I’m pretty sure I’ll get in next year, since there are only three of us left who haven’t been enshrined yet,” said the former two-time RC Cola Player of the Week. “And, sorry, we don’t have any size 12 1/2s. Could you fit into a 12 or 13?”

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I must have been one of the 3 or 4 people who actually liked the XFL. Memphis was my team. Jim Drunkenmiller and Rashaan Salaam. Even Alvin Harper played that year. There was a few Cowboy busts on that team on the defensive side of the ball also.

C

Cr122

I must have been one of the 3 or 4 people who actually liked the XFL. Memphis was my team. Jim Drunkenmiller and Rashaan Salaam. Even Alvin Harper played that year. There was a few Cowboy busts on that team on the defensive side of the ball also.

I liked it as well. It's just hard to compete with the NFL. I think the CFL is the only other league to compete with the NFL.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

They might have had a shot to do something with this league,but w/o ESPN & FoxSports taking them seriously(they didn't cover the games in any fashion)and getting only so-so coverage in newspapers,people just quit watching on television.That caused NBC,a partner in the league w/Vince McMahon,to pull their broadcasts.They were still going to show games on what is now Spike and the old UPN(now part of CW)but pulled the pin instead.
Plus a lot of people,right or wrong,had the idea the games were scripted,or fixed because of McMahon's involvement.
Without the league,we wouldn't have seen Tommy Maddox comeback,or seen Kelly Herndon and Rod Smart at all,probably.
Also,Stepfret Williams had job for a while there.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I loved the XFL. Still got my hat. I had the LA Extreme here. It was fun going to the games and it was actually turning out to be some pretty good football once they lost some of the gimmicks they had going and just concentrated on football.

Would rather watch that right now instead of the NFL. Wait , there is no NFL right now. LOL. ****, I need football back already.

C

Cr122

I loved the XFL. Still got my hat. I had the LA Extreme here. It was fun going to the games and it was actually turning out to be some pretty good football once they lost some of the gimmicks they had going and just concentrated on football.

Would rather watch that right now instead of the NFL. Wait , there is no NFL right now. LOL. ****, I need football back already.

That was the team I followed.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
How can a league have a HOF after only one year of existence? What do they get .................their glossy 8x10 above a plaque that says "Thanks for Trying" in Vince McMahon's corporate bathroom?

Plymkr

Reaction score
How can a league have a HOF after only one year of existence? What do they get .................their glossy 8x10 above a plaque that says "Thanks for Trying" in Vince McMahon's corporate bathroom?

and a case of WWF mints and a towel with McMahons ballsack on it, complete with it smelling like ball sweat.

Top Bottom