Reaction score
By JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer
15 minutes ago

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Four former Auburn players have told HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” that they received thousands of dollars while being recruited by or playing for the Tigers.

Stanley McClover, Troy Reddick, Chaz Ramsey and Raven Gray made the allegations in an episode of the show airing Wednesday night.

Auburn declined comment. None of the players was on last season’s national championship team and none has played for Auburn more recently than 2007.

McClover says he received money for a $7,000, 1973 Chevrolet Impala from an unidentified Auburn booster and that he was paid $4,000 after a four-sack game against rival Alabama.

He, Reddick and Ramsey all said they were paid up to $400 after games. Gray says he received $3,000 from someone he called Auburn representative during his recruitment.

Reaction score
I smell a vacant 2010 National Title shortly

That'll never happen. These guys weren't on that team.

Besides, I think everyone acknowledges that this type of thing happens all over college football.

Imagine having so much money you can just give a kid 4k in a secret handshake after a four sack game.

Reaction score
That'll never happen. These guys weren't on that team.

Besides, I think everyone acknowledges that this type of thing happens all over college football.

Imagine having so much money you can just give a kid 4k in a secret handshake after a four sack game.
It's only a matter of time before they dig up payments to Cam's Dad.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
1973 Chevrolet Impala..Those crafty boosters,it's what every young man wants,every young woman wants to be seen in.

3190263_4_full.jpg

Mr.Po

Reaction score
This goes on at every big time school to some extent. It's a corrupt scheme in a constant spin cycle. Doesn't seem all that shocking when players come forward anymore. The extent of which are the ones that failed to take the next step and the sunshine of success didn't shine on their backside. So now they feel entitled to spill the beans because somehow they feel they have been cheated and fell short of that NFL dream.

Top Bottom