sdogo

Reaction score
I'm ready to make this place take off, what can we do? I know draft webs sites, blogs, and NFL sites look for partnerships. I got places to recruit, a list of contacts to spread the word but we need to come up with a plan. I need to talk to the powers and see what we can do to get this rolling. You know who you are, reach out, let's this discuss this!

Enough of the talk, I see it every day. We all want to blow this shit up so lets do it!

C

Cr122

Well, not for nothing, but this lockout doesn't help things. There's no free agency signings to speak of.

The only thing we have on our side for the moment is the draft, so I'd recommend we do another site mock.

We appreciate any word of mouth for making our site bigger. I don't think we are the only Cowboys board that is slow right now. I've looked around and even the big boards are a little slower than usual.

Any thoughts and or ideas from anyone is greatly appreciated. I myself have been extremely busy, but believe me I think about our board all the time, and how to keep it busy.

We have to keep the members busy with good reading material, which sbk has done a great job of that lately. It's one of the jobs that I was doing when we first started this site day in and day out.

All I can say is we have to keep posting, and hope this CBA gets ironed out or it will continue to be slow on any football sites. The good thing is the draft is coming soon so we can discuss a lot of draft talk, so I encourage every member to continue posting draft news and participation in those threads along with the other threads that have been lacking in posts of late.

The good thing about our site is as long as we use it, this board will stay put, I still believe we have come far from what we originally were.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'll be upgrading here pretty soon to the latest version of vbulletin. That and Sbk mentioned something to me that will help. Godaddy is going to get us high up on the google search results list and also I'm talking to them about a monthly advertising package that will get our name out there.

C

Cr122

I'll be upgrading here pretty soon to the latest version of vbulletin. That and Sbk mentioned something to me that will help. Godaddy is going to get us high up on the google search results list and also I'm talking to them about a monthly advertising package that will get our name out there.

Nice...so does this mean we will have Godaddy girl ads to stare at?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Nah, I won't put ads on the site. We'll just have ads elsewhere advertising our board.

sdogo

Reaction score
I have some idea's as well so once sheik is feeling better maybe we can start bouncing some idea's off each other.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Any help I can be,let me know.

And,Bob,don't say leave,or I swear to God I'll bring a shopping cart full of empty beer cans and 47 stray cats and camp out in your front yard.

Reaction score
Everyone post a link to here from their Facebook and MySpace accounts...

Then someone add a Cowboys Universe Account and that will kickstart some newbies to the site.

Beware: Most will be youngsters

sdogo

Reaction score
Everyone post a link to here from their Facebook and MySpace accounts...

Then someone add a Cowboys Universe Account and that will kickstart some newbies to the site.

Beware: Most will be youngsters

We do need to start a Facebook page

sbk92

Reaction score
The answer is less reading, more posting. We need everyone to speak their mind. The article to opinion thread ratio around here is out of whack. Speak up. Don't be afraid to bang heads on issues. Nobody's gonna take it personally.

We need guys like sdogo, SixisBetter, dbair, Bob, cmd34, Cythim, Rock, Roy, Mr. Po and a few others to take ownership of this board and build it's core. Quit acting like a guest. It's your board as much as anyone elses. You don't own anything if nobody posts on your forum.

Plus we all probably could recruit one or two guys to come here. If we all did it, that would significantly increase the core membership.

sdogo

Reaction score
The answer is less reading, more posting. We need everyone to speak their mind. The article to opinion thread ratio around here is out of whack. Speak up. Don't be afraid to bang heads on issues. Nobody's gonna take it personally.

We need guys like sdogo, SixisBetter, dbair, Bob, cmd34, Cythim, Rock, Roy, Mr. Po and a few others to take ownership of this board and build it's core. Quit acting like a guest. It's your board as much as anyone elses. You don't own anything if nobody posts on your forum.

Plus we all probably could recruit one or two guys to come here. If we all did it, that would significantly increase the core membership.

Point taken

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Agreed.
I noticed I'd gotten in the habit of just coming here and reading.
So I've been posting a little more frequently the past few days.

Reaction score
Let me know when you guys get a facebook page up, I'll link it around.

And I'll also start doing more posting, at least more constructive posting.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't facebook. I know Six asked me about making a facebook for the site. If someone is up for the task of creating a DCU facebook, I'm fine with someone moving forward with the project.

Top Bottom