sdogo

Reaction score
I just spoke to someone with in depth knowledge of the current speculation that Da'Quan Bowers and his agent have down played the significance of his injury.

I was told, as is the norm all teams were given access to MRI results on his knee at the Combine and based on that information alone 8 team have medically red flagged Bowers, in essence, removing him from their draft board.

In addition I'm told several other teams have requested additional information so they can look at the situation closer with their own team doctors.

This latest information coupled with his inability to work out and rising concern among 3-4 teams about his ability to play with in the scheme could very well cause a draft day slide of epic scale.

sbk92

Reaction score
NFL teams concerned about Da'Quan Bowers' knee

PUBLISHED Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm EST
LAST UPDATED 6 hours and 59 minutes ago

Carl Moritz
Sporting News

According to two reports, teams are concerned about the status of Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers' right knee, which underwent arthroscopic surgery in January.

A CBS Sports report said Bowers was "flagged" by a doctor during his medical check at the Scouting Combine. A Denver Post report said several teams contend the knee problem is more serious than Bowers has said. At the Combine, Bowers declared his knee was "100 percent."

Because of the knee issue, Bowers didn't work out at the Combine or Clemson's pro day Thursday. He now is scheduled to work out for teams on April 1, and a good showing will be critical to his hopes of maintaining his status as a top-five pick.

Bowers injured his knee in October and played through it, waiting until the season was over to undergo surgery. "It hurt a little bit, but not enough for me to stop playing," he said at the Combine.

Regarded as the best pass rusher in the draft, Bowers led the nation with 15 1/2 sacks last season.

sdogo

Reaction score
NFL teams concerned about Da'Quan Bowers' knee

PUBLISHED Friday, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm EST
LAST UPDATED 6 hours and 59 minutes ago

Carl Moritz
Sporting News

According to two reports, teams are concerned about the status of Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers' right knee, which underwent arthroscopic surgery in January.

A CBS Sports report said Bowers was "flagged" by a doctor during his medical check at the Scouting Combine. A Denver Post report said several teams contend the knee problem is more serious than Bowers has said. At the Combine, Bowers declared his knee was "100 percent."

Because of the knee issue, Bowers didn't work out at the Combine or Clemson's pro day Thursday. He now is scheduled to work out for teams on April 1, and a good showing will be critical to his hopes of maintaining his status as a top-five pick.

Bowers injured his knee in October and played through it, waiting until the season was over to undergo surgery. "It hurt a little bit, but not enough for me to stop playing," he said at the Combine.

Regarded as the best pass rusher in the draft, Bowers led the nation with 15 1/2 sacks last season.

It's pretty well known his injury was a concern but this is the first we have heard of him being actually removed from a teams draft board for it.

C

Cr122

This will have a huge impact on the draft if his knee isn't better by then.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Has anyone come forward with the extent of his injury / diagnosis?

Partial ACL, meniscus, chondral lesion? If he has a chondral lesion and on the cusp of needing microfracture surgery I wouldn't touch him.

Top Bottom