Reaction score
9 minutes ago - Former NFL scout Dave Razzano was also not very complimentary on the top two cornerback prospects, LSU’s Patrick Peterson and Nebraska’s Prince Amukamara. He said that Peterson wasn’t physical enough for his size and noted how Amukamara got beat badly against Oklahoma State. 49ers RapidReports

17 minutes ago - Former NFL scout Dave Razzano on Texas A&M OLB Von Miller: “He doesn’t have a motor. He doesn’t chase hard. They run at him and he doesn’t fight off blockers. When he gets sacks a lot of times he’s not getting blocked. He’s a one-move guy.” 49ers RapidReports

21 minutes ago - From another perspective, Dave Razzano, a former scout who spent over 20 years in the NFL, compared Texas A&M OLB Von Miller to one of the all-time draft busts. “He’s got some (Jets DE) Vernon Gholston in him,” Razzano said of Miller

Reaction score
Von Miller gets the dreaded Vernon Gholston comparison

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 8, 2011, 12:56 PM EST

Could Vernon Gholston become the new Mike Mamula?

In the past, any Combine workout wonder was inevitably compared to Mamula as a cautionary tale. Now it’s possible that any deceptively productive, potentially stiff pass rusher could be compared to Gholston.

“[Miller's] got some Vernon Gholston in him,” former NFL scout Dave Razzano told Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

Razzano spent two decades as an NFL Scout. His opinion differs sharply from those who see Miller as one of the safer picks in the draft.

“I’m not a big Von Miller fan,” Razzano said. “In looking at Big-12 tape, he does not have a motor. He doesn’t chase hard. They run at him, and he doesn’t fight off blockers. When he gets sacks, a lot of times he’s not getting blocked. He’s a one-move guy.”

Miller was a fast riser after a huge senior season, but was seen as an inconsistent performer before.

He seemed to win over most skeptics at the Senior Bowl, but clearly some doubters remain.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy is trying to make himself standout and go against the grain and thereby make himself relevant.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Either that or he's just giving his honest opinion on the players.

Figures that you would say that, considering as to how you do not want the Cowboys to draft a CB. Which is fine, because I don't want Amukamar or Miller as well. Now Peterson, if he's at #9, then that's a different matter.

Reaction score
I'm glad to know that an unemployed scout feels the same way I do about Von Miller.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm glad to know that an unemployed scout feels the same way I do about Von Miller.

If Peterson or Dareaus is not there, then I really hope that Miller will be, because that would mean some team might want to trade up for him.

Top Bottom