sbk92

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon
Sporting News

Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, the most scrutinized player in this year's NFL draft, left many questions unanswered with his performance at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Although he did well in some of the drills, such as the 40-yard dash, broad jump and vertical jump, Newton had a subpar throwing session. He completed only 11 of 21 passes and struggled with his footwork.

In the interview room, he was guarded with his answers and seemed to give a lot of "coached-up answers," according to one scout, whose team is interested in drafting a quarterback and talked to Newton in Indianapolis.

On the field: "The struggles that he had were on all the 'out' throws, deep outs and short intermediate stuff. All that is footwork, timing. His footwork has really got to be tweaked, just like all those players who come out of a spread offense."

Inside the interview room: "He just wasn’t really willing to open up to a potential employer. He’s going in for a job interview, and he won’t tell you the answers to the questions that you want. ... He’s somebody that so far in his life, nothing is really ever his fault. He kind of owned up to the (stolen) laptop incident, but he pushed it aside like it wasn’t really that big of a deal. It’s a little bit bigger deal than he made it out to be. He brushes these things off as being young and stupid. I’ll give him that on the (laptop). But he’s got a history of it, and that’s bad."

Bottom line: "He has the physical tools to play quarterback, there’s no doubt about it. For Cam, it’s all going to be about if he’s willing to put the work in that’s going to come with the teaching of the footwork, the drops, being under center, those types of things. Is he willing to put the work in that it’s going to take?

"If he does that, he’s got it. No question about it. If he had played in a pro style offense, he’d probably be the first pick in the draft.”

sbk92

Reaction score
I swear, if I was a GM and interviewed any player who I felt didn't take it seriously or didn't try to answer my questions, I would take that player off my board.

If you are that stupid, you can't play on my team.

Reaction score
I swear, if I was a GM and interviewed any player who I felt didn't take it seriously or didn't try to answer my questions, I would take that player off my board.

Agreed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Second this.

Especially when said player has history of being a dipshit and steals laptops

Reaction score
He’s somebody that so far in his life, nothing is really ever his fault.

This statement alone would cause me to stay away from him completely.

That isn't a leader. And I want my QB to be a leader.

When I read that statement, I immediately thought of Quincy Carter.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Camfu.jpg

...............and at the next level somebody will as well regardless of his lack of a brain and with or without his dad passing around an offering plate.

Top Bottom