Reaction score
Patrick Peterson: Report: Peterson tops Cowboys' draft board
Patrick Peterson - DB - CLG - Mar. 1 - 1:10 pm et

Citing sources, SI's Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys have LSU CB Patrick Peterson ranked as the top player in the 2011 NFL draft.
Their high opinion was only reinforced by Peterson's 4.32 and 4.37 forty times Tuesday at the Combine. Per Pauline, Dallas "covets" the 2010 Thorpe Award winner. The Cowboys draft ninth overall, so they may strongly consider a move up for Peterson. Terence Newman is a candidate for offseason release.

Mar. 1 - 1:10 pm et

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From what Im "hearing" it's Peterson #1 (overall), and then Tyron Smith and Cameron Jordan #2 and #3 (in regards to getting them with the 9th pick). We supposedly like Dareus a lot too but would only consider trading up for Peterson.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

I really don't see how this information got leaked out.

If I were the GM I wouldn't want anyone to know who I'm looking to draft and who's on my board.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

If I were the GM I wouldn't want anyone to know who I'm looking to draft and who's on my board.

We have never done the best job of keeping our intentions secret.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's called shopping around without actually shopping around. It could be true, or it could be just a smokescreen to move up to draft someone they really want.

BTW good choices in Tyron Smith and Cameron Jordan.

sbk92

Reaction score

It's bullshat information.

You get a lot of that this time of year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is someone just guessing, I doubt the Cowboys (or any other team) have stacked their draft board yet.

Top Bottom