sbk92

Reaction score
Vinnie Iyer SN Icon
Sporting News

While Auburn QB Cam Newton was showing himself off as an athlete at the NFL Scouting Combine on Sunday, a rival quarterback proved he has a quick mind.

Former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy, who led the Crimson Tide to the national championship a year before Newton did it with the Tigers, aced his Wonderlic test, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The exam is used to test players' mental aptitude, and McElroy correctly answered 48 of the 50 questions correctly in the 12-minute allotted timeframe.
Although Wonderlic scores aren't widely distributed, Greg McElroy is believed to have the highest score in six years. (AP Photo)

The fact McElroy, unable to participate in Sunday's on-field workout because of an undisclosed injury to his throwing hand, tested so well should not be a surprise because he was a Rhodes Scholar finalist.

Although Wonderlic scores aren't widely distributed, McElroy is believed to have the highest score in six years, matching the score of Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard). Previously, Chiefs wide receiver Kevin Curtis (Utah State) and Browns tight end Benjamin Watson (Georgia) also had scored a 48. All four men are unofficially tied for third place behind legendary Combine workout warrior Mike Mamula (49) and former Harvard and Bengals punter Pat McInally (50).

Mr.Po

Reaction score
I wonder if Cam Newton will have to triple his score to get a 48? I'm setting the over/under at 16.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
If you can throw a frozen rope 40yds up a fleas ass I don't think many GM's care if you know Randolph has 8 ties, 6 pairs of pants, and 4 dress shirts. How many days could he possibly go without wearing the same combination of these three items?(True Question)

Reaction score
If you can throw a frozen rope 40yds up a fleas ass I don't think many GM's care if you know Randolph has 8 ties, 6 pairs of pants, and 4 dress shirts. How many days could he possibly go without wearing the same combination of these three items?(True Question)

I agree lol

Top Bottom