sbk92

Reaction score
Clifton Brown
Sporting News

INDIANAPOLIS—Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett cut off his press conference Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, walking off the podium after a series of questions concerning rumors about past drug use.

The unsubstantiated rumors will do nothing to help Mallett ‘s draft stock. Mallett said he was not going to talk about the rumors, but he was asked about them repeatedly during his session with the media.

“I’m not going to talk about that right now,’’ Mallett said. “I got the interviews with the teams, and when teams need to know what they need to know, I’m going to leave it at that. I would say I’m a great person, but I’d also tell them to ask the coaches and ask the people that I’ve worked with before. If you want to know about my character, ask them.

“When I saw that stuff, I laughed about it. Can’t control it, though. Obviously, somebody did it for a reason, right before the Combine and before the draft. But that’s the last I’m going to talk about that.”

But that wasn’t the last question about it. A few minutes later, after Mallett answered questions on other subjects, a reporter told Mallett that the rumors would not go away if he did not answer the questions. At that point, Mallett said, “Thanks,” and walked away from the podium.

Cythim

Reaction score
I like it, don't take shit from reporters. If they don't respect his desire to avoid a subject they can get their story from some "unnamed source" instead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shefter is saying Mallett's done very well in his individual interviews with teams though. Probably carries eons more weight than this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The (Ryan) Mallett doesn't fall far from the (Ryan) Leaf.:awkward

I actually think Mallett might pan out ok. He's been extremely well coached and has been playing in a pro style offense. I dont think anybody in this drfat has anywhere near the arm he has either.

32 tds and only 12 picks, plus nearly 65% comp % playing in the SEC is impressive. He also played better in the Ohio State game than people gave him credit for, he had 4 or 5 easy one's dropped in the first half alone, including a couple that probably would have been TD's.

Top Bottom