sdogo

Reaction score
This is what you get when you have a bunch if draft geeks and independent scouts sitting around an airport for 3 hours because they were given the wrong departure time.

Anyways, 8 of us took 4 teams each. Picked teams out of a hat. I got the Cowboys (Of course I cheated, was pulling the names and holding the hat)

ROUND 1
1. Carolina: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

2. Cleveland (Traded W/Denver): Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

3. Buffalo: Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama

4. 49ers (Traded W/Bengals): Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

5. Arizona: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

6. Dallas: (Traded W/Denver): Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU

7. Bengals (Traded W/49ers): AJ Green, WR, Georgia

8. Titans: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

9. Denver (Traded W/Dallas): Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

10. Lions (Traded W/Washington): Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

11. Texans: Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri

12. Vikings: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

13. Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

14. Patriots (Traded W/Rams): Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

15. Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

16. Eagles (Trade W/ Jacksonville): Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

17. Rams (Trade W/ Patriots): Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

18. Chargers: Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal

19. Giants: Tyron Smith, OT, USC

20. Tampa Bay: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

21. Chiefs: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

22. Colts: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

23. Jacksonville (Traded W/Eagles): Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

24. Saints: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

25. Seattle: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St

26. Ravens: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

27. Falcons: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

28. Patriots: Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

29. Bears: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

30. Jets: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin

31. Pittsburgh: Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida St

32. Packers: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Round 2

33. Redskins (traded W/NE): Jake Locker, QB, Washington

34. Buffalo: Martinez Wilson, ILB, Illinois

35. Bengals: Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois

36. Denver: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

37. Browns: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt

38. Cardinals: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St

39. Houston (Traded W/Tenn): Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa

40. Cowboys: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St

Round 3
no pick, used to trade up in 1st round

Round 4
Traded Back W/Eagles, Picked up selection 119 in the 4th and 146th in the 5th round

119. Lawrence Guy, DT/DE, Arizona St

Round 5

140. Lee Ziemba, OG, Auburn

146. Cecil Shorts, WR, Mount Union

Round 6
Traded W/Miami. Gave up 6th round pick for 206 and 207 in the 7th round and a 6th round pick in 2012

Round 7

206. Orie Lemon, ILB, Oklahoma St

207. Traded to Cleveland for 5th round pick in 2012

I know I traded away some picks but I'm keeping the faith that the CBA will be worked out before the draft and I expect Dallas to fill some holes with Free Agents.

So in Short, we walked away from this with:

Round 1: Patrick Peterson, DB
Round 2: Derek Sherrod, OT
Round 4: Lawrence Guy, DE/DT
Round 5: Lee Ziemba, OG
Round 5: Cecil Shorts III, WR
Round 7: Orie Lemon, ILB

Also added an additional 5th and 6th round pick in 2012

eh, fun way to pass 3 hours.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Don't like it. Looks like we get a bunch of JAGs and just one blue-chipper.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Don't like it. Looks like we get a bunch of JAGs and just one blue-chipper.

Geeze louise Bob, once you get out of the 1st round what "Blue-chippers" are left?

Through together a mock and see what's left at pick #40. Remember other teams are trying to draft good players also.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sorry Bobby Boy, but once again you are WRONG!!! Getting Sherrod in the second round would be quite the coup as he is listed among the best OT prospects in this years draft, and Ziemba might not be real highly rated in the magazines, however, he will be one heck of a football player in the end... I'd call this one hell of a good draft for Dallas...

C

Cr122

Even though I don't want to go corner with the first pick it's a decent mock.

C

Cr122

Sorry Bobby Boy, but once again you are WRONG!!! Getting Sherrod in the second round would be quite the coup as he is listed among the best OT prospects in this years draft, and Ziemba might not be real highly rated in the magazines, however, he will be one heck of a football player in the end... I'd call this one hell of a good draft for Dallas...

Yeah, getting Sherrod in the second would be a good pick. And I like the Lawrence Guy pick in the fourth.

sbk92

Reaction score
I can't like a mock when it involves trading up from 9 to get a cornerback.

sdogo

Reaction score
I can't like a mock when it involves trading up from 9 to get a cornerback.

I knew that before I even posted it. Matter of fact at the time I was like, "what would piss sbk92 off the most?" lol

sbk92

Reaction score
I knew that before I even posted it. Matter of fact at the time I was like, "what would piss sbk92 off the most?" lol

Hey, I appreciate the effort though. I think that first round is really good. I was looking for a reach that ruined the rest of the round but I can't say there is one there.

sdogo

Reaction score

Nice pick up on Ziemba. Not a household name right now but you will start to hear more about him as the draft approaches. Just a mean, nasty lunch pail offensive lineman. He's the type of guy that always falls into the hands of teams like the Patriots and leaves Cowboys fans saying we need players like that.

sdogo

Reaction score
Hey, I appreciate the effort though. I think that first round is really good. I was looking for a reach that ruined the rest of the round but I can't say there is one there.

I thought the Pouncey pick was a little early myself but I see the reasoning.

sbk92

Reaction score
The thing I always go back to when thinking about doing a mock is there is always at least one surprise in the actual draft that pushes players down the board.

I always have three or four players that I had in the first still on the board in the 2nd round. I bet one will still be there for our pick at 40.

You go into the draft expecting you want certain players at specific picks, but you end up coveting other players when you actually see what's on the board.

sbk92

Reaction score
I thought the Pouncey pick was a little early myself but I see the reasoning.

Considering he's the top interior OL in this draft and the success his brother had his first year in Pittsburgh, I could see him go that high.

I don't know that Hudson fits with the Steelers though. Carimi going to Green Bay would be awful. The Champs getting what I believe will be the best OL in this draft.

C

Cr122

Considering he's the top interior OL in this draft and the success his brother had his first year in Pittsburgh, I could see him go that high.

I don't know that Hudson fits with the Steelers though. Carimi going to Green Bay would be awful. The Champs getting what I believe will be the best OL in this draft.

You like Carimi over Solder?

I think Carimi will be an everyday starter at RT, while I see Solder as an everyday LT.

I give the edge to Solder.

sbk92

Reaction score
You like Carimi over Solder?

I think Carimi will be an everyday starter at RT, while I see Solder as an everyday LT.

I give the edge to Solder.

I like Carimi over any T in this draft. I think he can play LT. He'll probably play RT since he's such a load in the run game.

There isn't a stud legit blue chip LT prospect in this draft. The best of the bunch get mid first round grades at best. There is no top 5 guy. I'd rather have Carimi.

C

Cr122

I like Carimi over any T in this draft. I think he can play LT. He'll probably play RT since he's such a load in the run game.

There isn't a stud legit blue chip LT prospect in this draft. The best of the bunch get mid first round grades at best. There is no top 5 guy. I'd rather have Carimi.

Well, for what its worth I disagree, but I like Carimi just not as the best OL in the draft.

Solder, Carimi, Castonzo, Sherrod, Smith is the order of preference for me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Derrick Sherrod looked pretty average during the Senior Bowl. So no, he's not a good pick.

Top Bottom