LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has the Cowboys

Round 1.

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

Jerry Jones recently said that he doesn't see the cornerback position as a problem area for his team. Either he's lying to mislead others, or he's unbelievably delusional.

I have to believe it's the former. There's some speculation that Terence Newman could be released this offseason. Newman, 33 in September, struggled last season and will be due $8 million in 2011. Corner help is desperately needed.

While Patrick Peterson is the best cornerback prospect to come along in a very long time, Prince Amukamara isn't too far behind him.

Other 2011 NFL Draft Possibilities:

1. Marcell Dareus, DE/DT - Marcell Dareus would look great next to Jay Ratliff and Stephen Bowen.

2. Nate Solder, OT - Some are calling Nate Solder the next Tony Boselli. Jerry Jones has to find upgrades on the offensive line to protect Tony Romo.

Round 2:

Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma

As mentioned in Round 1, the Cowboys have issues in their secondary; they surrendered an average of 319 passing yards in the seven weeks prior to letting John Skelton win on a fourth-quarter drive. Even Rex Grossman torched them.

New free safety Alan Ball was a pretty big liability this season. The Cowboys need to upgrade this position unless they want DeSean Jackson torching them twice every year.

Round 3:

Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss

The Cowboys need help on their defensive line next to Jay Ratliff and Stephen Bowen. Ratliff has been playing nose tackle for the past couple of years, but it appears as though the Cowboys want to move him outside so they can insert a much larger nose tackle into the interior of the defensive front.

Round 4:

Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson

Jerry Jones has to make sure that his biggest investment, Tony Romo, is protected. Dallas lost all hope when Romo was knocked out for the year against the Giants. Marc Colombo is a sieve at right tackle, so Dallas must find an upgrade at the position to keep Romo healthy.

Round 5:

Greg Little, WR, North Carolina

Greg Little is one of the top players available. He can take over for Roy Williams and become Tony Romo's new tertiary wideout option.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not a bad 1-5 mock. Not too keen on drafting for the secondary in the first two rounds. In fact, I'm leaning towards more Dline (Dareus and Jordan) and OLB or ILB (Quinn and Miller).

I like the Greg Little pick in round 5. I don't see him lasting that long, but he is a DEFINITE upgrade over Roy.

sbk92

Reaction score
I like the last three picks where they're at. I'd pass on the first two.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like the last three picks where they're at. I'd pass on the first two.

I'm with you on that. I'd take Cam Jordan and keep Carter in Rd. 2 OR if I had to go with Prince, then take Christian Ballard in Rd 2.

Top Bottom