cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First off, I think the team will let Free Agents Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher, Gerald Sensabaugh, and Kyle Kosier walk. Marion Barber and Keith Brooking will be cut. Marc Colombo will be traded or cut.

In Free Agency (whenever it comes) we wil go after and hopefully sign Logan Mankins and Michael Huff. Mankins is by far the best lineman available and instantly improves one of our biggest weaknesses. Huff has familiarity with Ryan's defense and grew up nearby.

Before any of that happens we will have a draft. Here's how I see that going down.

First Round - I think Jerry will be tempted to move up and get Peterson but the price is too high. The Cowboys see all of the playmakers gone by pick #8 and start working the phones. A few teams want to jump ahead of Washington and take Gabbert. Jacksonville has the best offer sending us the 16th pick, the 80th pick, and a 2012 2nd rounder.
Cowboys select Tyron Smith T USC.

Second Round - This is where we first see Big Rob's presence.
Cowboys select Phil Taylor NT Baylor

Third Round - More picks for Rob.
Cowboys select Tyler Sash SS Iowa with their pick.
Cowboys select Casey Matthews ILB Oregon with Jacksonville's pick.

Fourth Round - More offensive line help
Cowboys select John Moffitt G Wisconsin.

Fifth Round - Even more offensive line help.
Cowboys select Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU

Sixth Round - This kid reminds me of James Harrison. Undersized pass-rusher at 6'1" 259 but a very good football player.
Cowboys select Bruce Miller OLB UCF

Seventh Round - Bruising back with up-and-down year. 2 games with over 200 yards rushing. Other games he was a non-factor. That's why he goes in the 7th round.
Cowboys select Allen Bradford RB USC

Have at it.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry, but other than the Phil Taylor pick, your mock sucks...BIG TIME. A 3rd is too high for Sash.

C

Cr122

You guys that trash other mocks and don't post one yourselves are cowards.

That's all I have to say.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry, but other than the Phil Taylor pick, your mock sucks...BIG TIME. A 3rd is too high for Sash.

Oh no, a jackass doesn't like my mock. What will I do?

I wanted to go Quinton Carter 3rd round but I have a feeling he'll be gone before we pick there. I'm pretty confident Sash will be going in the 3rd round or higher despite your educated objection.

I tried to address some of our 4 biggest issues from last season... OL Depth, better run support from our DL, safety play, and nickel linebacker. Seeing how we addressed none of our holes last off-season, I'll be thrilled if Jerry addresses even 2 of our actual needs this time.

Cythim

Reaction score

I don't pretend to know what the Cowboys plan on doing or where certain players will fall. I will not comment on who should fall where but I will comment on if I like a certain player and more so if I like them for our team. I do not like Casey Matthews because I have been watching him up here in Oregon and I do not think he is worth the label he gets based on his name.

C

Cr122

I don't pretend to know what the Cowboys plan on doing or where certain players will fall. I will not comment on who should fall where but I will comment on if I like a certain player and more so if I like them for our team. I do not like Casey Matthews because I have been watching him up here in Oregon and I do not think he is worth the label he gets based on his name.

Who's pretending? It's all in fun, but it's only our opinions.

All I meant in what I said is let's see the mocks from these guys who always trash everyones else's.

Can you do better, prove it? That's all. No big deal.

sbk92

Reaction score
I appreciate all mock draft efforts but I don't think it's an accomplishment to do one. Anybody can do it. Even if you don't follow college football. Read up enough and you can connect the dots and not embarrass yourself.

I've never been a big mock guy. I'm much more interested in values of players rather than what team he ends up on.

I will say one thing. I haven't missed a draft in 20 years and I don't remember a single 1st round that went according to form. There's always at least one semi-surprise. Quite often big surprises that push down players that were sure to go in the first round. If your mock doesn't have a little curveball to it in the first 32 picks, it probably isn't very accurate.

That's why when I look at the Cowboys' pick at 40, I'm not real interested in the players I feel figure there. Because I know almost without a doubt that some player or players that I think belong in the first round will end up sliding down to that area. And on draft day that's the player I want. Not the guy I think I want right now at the end of January.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues that I have with this mock is that IMO Phil Taylor would be a huge waste to take that high. We already have Josh Brent as a backup to Rat at NT, who while isn't 360 pounds, is still big enough and by all accounts is tremendously strong. So there's no issue about him holding his ground.

Basically this draft has a 2009 Draft vibe about it. Looks like we'll be getting a lot of backups.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Smith, like Moffitt too but I think he goes earlier than the 4th. He can play C & G and play them both pretty well apparently.

Didnt like the 3rd rd picks.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Why do I have to be a coward because I do not like his or your mock? Just because I do not like either of your mocks, doesn't mean I am trashing it---I see it as giving my reasons for not liking it. I was not trying to be malicious, but really hope and pray that our draft does not turn out like the mocks that both of you presented. That does not mean that I can come up with a better mock.

What if I said that I loved both of you two mocks and said sweet nothings about them, would I still be a coward for not presenting my own mock?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues that I have with this mock is that IMO Phil Taylor would be a huge waste to take that high. We already have Josh Brent as a backup to Rat at NT, who while isn't 360 pounds, is still big enough and by all accounts is tremendously strong. So there's no issue about him holding his ground.

Basically this draft has a 2009 Draft vibe about it. Looks like we'll be getting a lot of backups.

Ratliff will more than likely be switched to DE. Ryan likes bigger NTs, so Taylor at 2nd round would not be a waste. Brent should not be given the NT slot without competition.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ratliff will more than likely be switched to DE. Ryan likes bigger NTs, so Taylor at 2nd round would not be a waste. Brent should not be given the NT slot without competition.

Competition comes in the later rounds if that's the case.

Reaction score
I like the Taylor, Matthews, and Moffitt picks.

You're my boy, cmd34, but everytime I read a mock by a fan that not only goes into the 5th + round, but also includes trade predictions, etc, I want to kill kittens.

Thanks to you, cmd34, I'll be going to the SPCA this afternoon with a sledgehammer.

Top Bottom