Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
1st: Texas A&M OLB Von Miller.

I don't care if he's "too small" blah blah blah. Kid can ball all out and the beauty of it is Rob Ryan can do so many things with him. Bring him in as a pass-rushing OLB. Have him blitz from the ILB position. Move him around the line in a 4-line set. People thought Elvis Dummervil was too small and had no position entering the NFL too, and I'm sure 31 other NFL teams would be glad to have him right now. I see that type of player when I look at Miller.

2nd: Oklahoma FS Quinton Carter.

Only a 2 year starter, yet posted 8 interceptions in both years ('09, '10). Kid plays like a monster and loves to lay people out. Would fit perfectly in Rob Ryan's defense as he can cover the deep half of the field, can match up single coverage on receivers and is effective coming off the blitz. Most importantly, is smart and a leader.

If we sign Michael Huff to play FS then the pick switches to FSU OG/C Rodney Hudson. The Black Mark Stepnowski.

Would be our secret weapon against Vick...[video=youtube;KgSi1nG-hkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSi1nG-hkc&feature=related[/video]

and Jeremy Maclin will be hearing footsteps...

[video=youtube;ecbU_IsFxWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecbU_IsFxWk[/video]

3rd: Florida OT Marcus Gilbert.

Traditional RT who did an excellent job protecting Tim Tebow's blindside for 3 years. Good hustle and athleticism.

Cythim

Reaction score
von_medium.jpg

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Von Miller is too small.

Just kidding. I'm all for it as long as he's BPA at #9 AND we have a trade worked out for Anthony Spencer.

I really like Quinton Carter but I like him at Strong Safety. I think he could do real damage from that spot.

Gilbert is exactly the type of lineman I want the Cowboys to get away from drafting. No thanks to him or Marcus Cannon.

Reaction score
Von Miller is too small.

Just kidding. I'm all for it as long as he's BPA at #9 AND we have a trade worked out for Anthony Spencer.

Unless there are a total of 15 or so players picked in spots 1-8, then Von Miller won't be the BPA.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Von Miller is too small.

I really like Quinton Carter but I like him at Strong Safety. I think he could do real damage from that spot.

Gilbert is exactly the type of lineman I want the Cowboys to get away from drafting. No thanks to him or Marcus Cannon.

Why? He's as big as Free and is pretty mobile.

Reaction score
if we got my boy Quinton in the 3rd I'd be cool with that pick...I don't think he warrants a 2nd round pick unless he runs a low 4.4 and shows me he's not as stiff as looked at times this year in coverage.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Von Miller is too small.

How about we see how Spencer does under Ryan before shipping him out. Tell you the truth if you would research, but among SOLBs in the 3-4, Spencer's stats are pretty good. I think people like you hold it against Spencer because he is not Ware.

sbk92

Reaction score
How about we see how Spencer does under Ryan before shipping him out. Tell you the truth if you would research, but among SOLBs in the 3-4, Spencer's stats are pretty good. I think people like you hold it against Spencer because he is not Ware.

He doesn't have to be Ware.

But he has to get more than 5 sacks a year starting on the opposite side of all the attention.

I agree though that we should give Fat Rob a shot at him first before we give up on him.

Top Bottom