Reaction score
Nick Fairley will play anywhere, except in the cold

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2011, 10:17 PM EST

In the pre-draft poking and prodding, the things an incoming rookie says can have as much impact on his eventual placement — and payday — as the things he does.

In declaring his intention to forgo his final year of eligibility at Auburn and head to the NFL, Fairley made an observation about his first NFL destination that some teams could view as a red flag.

Asked where he wants to play at the next level, Fairley said (via Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com), “It doesn’t matter as long as it’s not cold.”

Um. Yeah.

Maybe he really didn’t mean it. Then again, maybe he did. Either way, the remark will surely be used by any interested team in assessing whether Fairley “gets it” and/or whether he’ll bring a sense of entitlement to the NFL.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So then in the top 10 draft slots that leaves the Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers, Titans, and the Cowboys as warm spots.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would love to have this guy, but I'm reasonably sure he's going in the top 2 or 3 picks.

C

Cr122

I hope teams pass on him and he's there at 9, but I highly doubt it he's too talented.

Plus, he's saying this because he wants to be drafted by the Cowboys. :smug

I don't think Tennessee would pass on him though.

sdogo

Reaction score
lmao, considering there is no way in hell he makes it past 4 and he's not going #1 it leaves Denver, Buffalo and Cincinnati. Guess he is shit out of luck.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope teams pass on him and he's there at 9, but I highly doubt it he's too talented.

Plus, he's saying this because he wants to be drafted by the Cowboys. :smug

I don't think Tennessee would pass on him though.

They need a QB.

Top Bottom