cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
9 Dallas Da'Quan Bowers Clemson DE34
Reach/Value: -2
Height:6'4" Weight:278
Alternate Selection #1 Cameron Jordan
Alternate Selection #2 Ryan Kerrigan
One of two questions would have to be answered with a positive response for this pick to happen: 1) Is Da'Quan big enough to play DE in a 3-4 alignment, or 2) Does he have the agility to play on 2 feet at OLB34? There is no doubt that he is an impact player but his best position may be DE43 -- at any rate, Dallas needs more of a push from their pass rush and Bowers can certainly provide that. - Long Ball

40 Dallas DeAndre McDaniel Clemson SS
Reach/Value: +12
Height:6'1" Weight:210
Alternate Selection #1 Tyler Sash
Alternate Selection #2 Jason Pinkston
Gerald Sensabaugh was playing for his next contract and looked extremely ordinary -- enter DeAndre McDaniel, arguably the best safety at either position in this draft. The Cowboys will plug him right in as the starting SS and pair him with Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (I just love that name, rolls right off my lips like music), last year's draft choice who was injured most the year, to experience the best partnership since Harris and Waters! - Long Ball

71 Dallas Quan Sturdivant North Carolina WILB
Reach/Value: +2
Height:6'2" Weight:235
Alternate Selection #1 Riley Reiff
Alternate Selection #2 Deunta Williams

109 Dallas Jeremy Kellem Middle Tennessee FS
Reach/Value: +4
Height:5'10" Weight:188
Alternate Selection #1 Quinton Carter
Alternate Selection #2 Marcus Gilbert

139 Dallas Brandon Fusco Slippery Rock OC
Reach/Value: -6
Height:6'4" Weight:300
Alternate Selection #1 Chimdi Chekwa
Alternate Selection #2 Curt Porter

170 Dallas Adam Grant Arizona LOT
Reach/Value: +1
Height:6'6" Weight:325
Alternate Selection #1 Derek Newton
Alternate Selection #2 Korey Lindsey

209 Dallas K.J. Wright Mississippi State SILB
Reach/Value: -14
Height:6'4" Weight:250
Alternate Selection #1 Alex Wujciak
Alternate Selection #2 Chris Colasanti

I wouldn't be too happy with this draft outside of Bowers and Sturdivant. McDaniel and Kellem are megajags and do little to improve our horrid Safety play. This draft offers very little hope for the o-line as well.

Same players available I'd go:

9 Da'Quan Bowers OLB/DE Clemson
40 Mike Pouncey C Florida
71 Deunta Williams S North Carolina
109 John Moffit G Wisconsin
139 Jarvis Jenkins DT/DE Clemson
170 Matt Szczur WR/KR Villanova
209 Kendric Burney CB North Carolina

C

Cr122

I highly doubt Bowers falls to us. Shit he wouldn't make it past the third pick.

sbk92

Reaction score
I highly doubt Bowers falls to us. Shit he wouldn't make it past the third pick.

Pouncey isn't go to be there in the 40s either.

With his brother's success, he'd have to really stink up the joint in his workouts to not be a 1st round pick.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He can't snap the ball in shotgun at all. He makes Gurode look good at it. He'll need to go back to Guard (the position he played for 3 years) in the NFL.

C

Cr122

With his brother's success, he'd have to really stink up the joint in his workouts to not be a 1st round pick.

Right, he'll be gone in the mid to late 20's.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm ok with the first two picks. The 3rd rounder, I would go with Center O'Dowd or Ellis.

I am not feeling the 4th round selection. Not when they have Rahim Moore (SS), Phil Taylor (NT), Ras. I. Dowling (CB), Casey Matthews (WOLB), and John Moffitt (OG) available.

5th round I want Owen Marecic (FB). Finally a true blocking FB.

Now don't the Cowboys have a 8 picks? Two from the Crayton and McQ trade, which would make 9, but we used one on Josh Brent, thus making it 8. We get a 6th from Miami and a 7th from San Diego.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wow, I need to brush up on the draft because after Bowers and McDaniel, I have no idea who the rest of them are.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Love the Fusco pick. Kid can play. He and Barnes are great center prospects in the later rounds.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

His brother was an elite C & G prospect, I dont know if you watched any Florida football this yr, but this Pouncey isnt much of a center prospect.

Top Bottom