C

Cr122

Updated: January 10, 2011, 10:50 AM ET
Janoris Jenkins remaining at Florida

ESPN.com news services
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins has decided to return to the Gators for his senior season.

Jenkins, a three-year starter projected to be a first-round NFL draft pick, has eight career interceptions. He had three this past season, and was a first-team, All-SEC selection by The Associated Press. He missed the Outback Bowl following shoulder surgery.

Consideration of the recovery time following surgery possibly affecting his NFL draft preparations led Jenkins to reconsider turning pro, sources told ESPN's Joe Schad. Jenkins had told teammates and multiple former coaches that he would enter the draft.

Jenkins was rated as the No. 2 cornerback in the draft, and the No. 11 player overall, by ESPN draft expert Todd McShay.

"I spent some time with my family and coach [Will] Muschamp and came to the conclusion it was in my best interest to return to school," Jenkins said in a statement. "Coach Muschamp was very supportive throughout the whole process, regardless of my decision, but he wanted to make sure I had all of the facts. I'm looking forward to working towards my degree, completing my rehab and getting back on the field with my teammates."

Muschamp commended Jenkins for making a "mature decision."

"It would have been real easy for Janoris to make an emotional choice and leave early," Muschamp said. "But with our contacts in the NFL, we were able to assist him in understanding his draft status and he made an educated decision that will be beneficial to him in the long term."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Reaction score
Well shit.

Not that I wanted Jenkins, rather I hate Florida, and this ultimately lessens the talent in this draft.

But if he plays well, he'll help push a good player to us next year when we're picking 32nd. :kool

C

Cr122

It sucks because he would of been the third best corner in the draft, behind Peterson and Akamukara.

First round pick for sure.

sdogo

Reaction score
It sucks because he would of been the third best corner in the draft, behind Peterson and Akamukara.

First round pick for sure.

I liked him better then Prince to be honest, just not at 9.

Reaction score
He's stupid, he probably doesn't even have to work out and he would still be the #3 CB when the first 2 are going in the top 8 ??? Dump move kid.

C

Cr122

He's stupid, he probably doesn't even have to work out and he would still be the #3 CB when the first 2 are going in the top 8 ??? Dump move kid.

Now a corner like Brandon Harris out of Miami comes into the fold.

He should be drafted third now. IMO

Top Bottom