sdogo

Reaction score
AC/DC tribute mock

This typically about a month earlier then I like but in the "Dog Eat Dog" world of mocking the earlier your start the better you are in the long run.

If you don't like it I apologize but just once try "Giving The Dog A Bone"

V1.

Round 1.9
Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska

We lose out on the Patrick Peterson sweepstakes but still lands the most fundamental CB in the draft. I'm with Hos and the unpopular opinion that Newman will extend his career in Dallas by moving back to the Safety position. Our defense was horrid against the pass last year. Some of it the lack of pressure and some of it the lack of coverage. Prince can "Cover You In Oil" at the line of scrimmage or come up in run support and make you feel "Thunderstruck".

Round 2.41
Cameron Heyward, DE Ohio St

There is always a player that drops on draft day like a "Landslide" and Heyward will be a victim of a deep DE class and a disappointing SR campaign. Jerry has the ability to eliminate the need for a DE but I cant see Spears, Bowen and Hatcher brought back. Cameron is an athletic freak that can anchor the outside and occasionally push the pocket. He will feel "Kicked In The Teeth" after dropping out of the first round when he was once a top 5 player. We need a few more players with a chip on their shoulder.

Round 3.73
John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin

We need to come out of this draft with one of the members of the Great wall of Wisconsin or I may "Shoot To Thrill". I still think we sign Logan Mankins in FA and move Kosier to RG but I think Davis is history and we lack serious depth along the OL. He wont be needed to start right now but the Cowboys need to start paying more attention to the OL. This guy plays like the "Skies On Fire" and is one of the more athletic lineman in the draft. When he pulls and finds a defender he makes their "Brain Shake".

Round 4.105
Deunta Williams, S North Carolina

Following the trend of Heyward the Cowboys will pounce on another player that dropped down the draft board but this time due to injury. A possible 1st round pick Williams represents pure value at a risky discount. All indications are that he may possibly be ready to put on some individual workout's for teams but most will only have tape to judge on. A ball hawk and play maker he will almost certainly upgrade the Dallas safety play in his first year and reduce the need to rush AOA into duty. A year or two down the road these young safeties will be ready to "Inject the Venom" on the rest of the league.

Round 5.137
James Carpenter, OT Alabama

Back to the OL, this is a player I know Dallas has spent some time scouting. An athletic big man with a mean streak he has left opponents hearing "Hells Bells" from the day he walked onto campus. Again, this is a change in direction for the Cowboys. Getting away from the scale killers to a more athletic group.

Round 6.169

Mike Mohamed, ILB California

I found a way to sneak one of my pet cats into this draft. Mohamed is tackling machine averaging 8 stops per game over his career. He is a fiery, high character guy and a leader. a 3-4 team cant complete a draft with out grabbing a LB. Ironically, in a AC/DC tribute mock we can refer to Cal coach Jeff Tedfor when recently asked about Mike, "he has got, "Big Balls".

Round 7.210
Derrick Locke, RB Kentucky

This guy is like "Kissin Dynamite" in the open field. I think he slips a little due to his size but I have been trying to land an all around weapon in my mocks like him for several years. He could fill in at RB, he's a dynamic kick and punt returner and a threat in the passing game. With him and Dez in the return game it will be kick to us "If You Dare".

So there it is, I walked the "Razor Edge" on some of these picks having guys slide a little but it happens. I'm sure I'll take some heat and a few will show their "Meanstreak" but I look forward to the feedback.

For those of you not old enough to appreciate AC/DC or missed the references, I apologize but "Dont Give It Up", "Come And Get It" and you too some day shall be remember as the mocker who "Shook Me All Night Long".

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cowboys will keep one of the three from Spears, Bowens, and Hatcher.

Sounds like they've already cleaned Spears' locker and removed his name plate. So I'm assuming he's a goner. I thought Hatcher was painfully mediocre, I doubt they'd invest much to keep him. Bowen is the one that seems most likely to stay IMO, but he didnt have a good year either.

Ideally I'd keep Spears and dump Olshansky.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like the first two picks, however, from most mocks has it that Cameron Heyward as a mid to late 1st rounder. I do not think he will be available come our second pick. Pretty decent. If Heyward is not there in the second, who would you select then?

C

Cr122

I like the first two picks, however, from most mocks has it that Cameron Heyward as a mid to late 1st rounder. I do not think he will be available come our second pick. Pretty decent. If Heyward is not there in the second, who would you select then?

I'd go after Carimi or any other offensive line player that slid.

Reaction score
I like AC/DC like the next guy, but I almost want to punch you for all the AC/DC references.

That said, I can live with that mock. My favorite selection is our third rounder.

And I also want to go on record as saying I disagree entirely with the notion that Newman can be a safety.

Oh, and regarding sbk92... he hates cornerbacks.

Top Bottom