SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Seriously.

I guess they're saying Harbaugh to the Niners,so that means only three of the teams in front of us don't even have coaches.

I only bring that up in terms of right this minute.

Andrew Luck took away the no brainer pick the Panthers would,or should have made.

But I'm going around in circles with the Boys picking at 9.

I want an impact guy there.

Millen help me,is it Julio Jones or AJ?

Dareus or Fairley?

Peterson or Prince A.?

Bowers?
Geh.

All those guys might be gone at 9,who the f'k knows?

I'd really like an OT.If I could get a mean bastard,so much the better.
I'm talking Erik Williams before the car wreck mean.

I like Carimi,Solder,Castonzo,and Sherrod,but isn't 9 a little soon?Or not?

Trade down,get more picks?

I'll be over here,pounding my head on the desk.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I want a left tackle in the worst way. If it doesn't work out, I'll take any defensive help I can get.

Reaction score
I want Gabe Carimi in the first. A trade down accumulating more picks would be great.

C

Cr122

I want Gabe Carimi in the first. A trade down accumulating more picks would be great.

You don't trade out of the top ten and lose out on a player of that value, unless your staying in the top 15.

It would have to be two really good first round picks, plus we pick again at 41 so it's possible Carimi is there.

Just saying, I would take a guy like Quinn or Dareus then take my tackle at 41 with your pick of Sherrod, Carimi or Love.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We have a LT, but we do need a RT

I know you like Free at RT, I think we should get better at LT. He's going to get paid this offseason(I think his contract is up?), I just hope it's not LT money. I think we can survive with him, I'd feel more comfortable with a beast protecting Tony's blindside.

I think the best line we could field next year would be;

Rookie. New LG. Guroude. New RG. Doug Free.

That's assuming a franchise LT is sitting there at #9.

That guy from Baltimore has health issues or I'd snatch him up and draft defense first. Jmo.

C

Cr122

I know you like Free at RT, I think we should get better at LT. He's going to get paid this offseason(I think his contract is up?), I just hope it's not LT money. I think we can survive with him, I'd feel more comfortable with a beast protecting Tony's blindside.

That guy from Baltimore has health issues or I'd snatch him up and draft defense first. Jmo.

Nate Solder, Logan Mankins, Gurode, Harvey Dahl, Doug Free, fixed that for you.

sbk92

Reaction score
One of the LTs will rise after the workouts. Probably Solder.

Rarely do you see the first LT still on the board in the middle of round 1. IMO, the Cowboys are in prime position to get the top LT on their board, unless another player happens to slide.

Carimi will be hamstrung by the RT perception. It would be bad value to consider him at 9. I love him, but you trade down if you want to go that route.

I desperately want to replace all five offensive linemen, so I'm good with either scenario.

sbk92

Reaction score

We probably would be forced to start Free next year, but I would be on a mission to get that mediocre JAG out of the starting lineup ASAP. You don't settle for mediocrity. Particularly at a key position like LT. Move him to the other side and he's a piss poor RT who would continue the Marc Colombo tradition of providing no push in the running game.

But boy can he pancake a defensive back out in space occasionally.

sbk92

Reaction score
I expect our awful talent evaluators will see Free as some franchise LT worthy of a nice extension.

What a horrificly bad decision that will be. The guy is a bum in terms of the franchise LT scale.

sbk92

Reaction score
You don't trade out of the top ten and lose out on a player of that value, unless your staying in the top 15.

It would have to be two really good first round picks, plus we pick again at 41 so it's possible Carimi is there.

Just saying, I would take a guy like Quinn or Dareus then take my tackle at 41 with your pick of Sherrod, Carimi or Love.

Yeah, it's possible Carimi is there at 41.

It's also possible you'll be invited to the next Mensa meeting.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
To me, settling for Doug Free at LT would be like settling for Jason Campbell at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think they'll end up using free agency to fix the OL, especially if they really believe internally what we've been told, that they think both Costa and Young have potential to start down the road.

I think they'll draft an OL or maybe even two, but I think the early picks will be defense.

sbk92

Reaction score
Young and Costa are career long bums. We need real talent at all five positions along the line.

When your line is in shambles, it'd be foolish to count on marginal players like those two to become quality NFL starters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Young and Costa are career long bums. We need real talent at all five positions along the line.

When your line is in shambles, it'd be foolish to count on marginal players like those two to become quality NFL starters.

Its a risk, no doubt.

But the scouts liked these guys and then the coaches got ahold of them and liked what they saw too. They may not think either can be the answer now, but in a year or two its certainly possible.

Thats why I think they'll sign a cople mid range free agent OL's to start immediately, and then add another one or two OL's from this draft. I think the early picks this yr will be dedicated to defense, which after this years train wreck is probably smart.

C

Cr122

Yeah, it's possible Carimi is there at 41.

It's also possible you'll be invited to the next Mensa meeting.

It's possible your a fucking asshole, and you'll never change.

Go f yourself.

sbk92

Reaction score
Its a risk, no doubt.

But the scouts liked these guys and then the coaches got ahold of them and liked what they saw too. They may not think either can be the answer now, but in a year or two its certainly possible.

Thats why I think they'll sign a cople mid range free agent OL's to start immediately, and then add another one or two OL's from this draft. I think the early picks this yr will be dedicated to defense, which after this years train wreck is probably smart.

Dedicating picks to positions is never smart.

What if we have to reach on our board to get that defensive player?

I'd rather have more Dez Bryant type picks. Don't care where they are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dedicating picks to positions is never smart.

What if we have to reach on our board to get that defensive player?

I'd rather have more Dez Bryant type picks. Don't care where they are.

At 9 (assuming they stay there) I dont see how the BPA would be an OL. If it is, by all means they should take one.

Top Bottom