dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
SI's Peter King reported on Sunday Football Night in America on NBC Sunday that Stanford QB Andrew Luck's "current plan" is to stay in school rather than leave for the 2011 NFL draft.

King cites Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, who does not believe Luck will go pro because of his commitment to academics. Should Luck enter the draft, he'd be the consensus favorite to be selected first overall by the Panthers. Ultimately, the third-year sophomore's decision may depend on his performance in the Cardinal's December 3 Orange Bowl matchup with Virginia Tech. The Hokies have one of the most talented secondaries in college football. Dec. 26 - 8:32 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

C

Cr122

Wow this could be huge on the way the draft unfolds now with the first three picks.

sbk92

Reaction score
Whooooooa.

Major shake up if he doesn't declare. Don't be surprised if Newton takes his place at #1 overall. He'd need dynamite workouts, but he's that kind of athlete and QBs are almost always over drafted.

Luck would be making a big mistake, IMO. You have nothing left to prove as a college QB. You will be the first overall pick in this draft. You can't improve your standing. And there might be a rookie cap in 2012.

You can always go back to school later and finish. This would be a moronic decision to me.

C

Cr122

Whooooooa.

Major shake up if he doesn't declare. Don't be surprised if Newton takes his place at #1 overall. He'd need dynamite workouts, but he's that kind of athlete and QBs are almost always over drafted.

Luck would be making a big mistake, IMO. You have nothing left to prove as a college QB. You will be the first overall pick in this draft. You can't improve your standing. And there might be a rookie cap in 2012.

You can always go back to school later and finish. This would be a moronic decision to me.

Ayuh, they must be Polish.

Cythim

Reaction score
Luck may want to stay just to make sure he gets to play football next year. Who wants to get drafted just to sit out one season?

C

Cr122

Can he? He won't be under contract until a CBA is agreed upon.

I'm not sure of the rules of a player being drafted and not signed that can have access to the teams playbook, do you?

C

Cr122

I'm not sure, but would you give an unsigned player access to your playbook?

If I knew we were going to sign that player eventually, and he was my first round pick, yes.

Especially if it were a guy like Luck.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't think Luck is Jason Campbell, he can learn the playbook in the offseason.

sbk92

Reaction score
And the thought of him staying in for fear of sitting out a year is idiotic.

You cash that check.

Cythim

Reaction score
Because life is all about money. If he is as good as you think he is he will get paid regardless.

sbk92

Reaction score
Because life is all about money. If he is as good as you think he is he will get paid regardless.

You only have so many years to play. One more additional year in the NFL pays better than a wasted year in college.

It makes no sense whatsoever to risk your body another year not getting paid when you are the slam dunk 1st overall selection in the draft this year.

You'll try to pretend it does. But that's just to be contrarian.

Cythim

Reaction score
You only have so many years to play. One more additional year in the NFL pays better than a wasted year in college.

It makes no sense whatsoever to risk your body another year not getting paid when you are the slam dunk 1st overall selection in the draft this year.

You'll try to pretend it does. But that's just to be contrarian.

What happened to Bradford? He got hurt and was still the #1 overall selection.

and without a CBA he wouldn't get paid next year anyways.

sbk92

Reaction score
What happened to Bradford? He got hurt and was still the #1 overall selection.

and without a CBA he wouldn't get paid next year anyways.

The chances of a lost NFL season are so remote it doesn't even warrant a response.

It's arguable that Bradford was going to be the 1st pick in 2009. He wasn't in the same position as Luck. Who is the clear cut, definite first overall pick.

Bradford also factored in a chance to win a national title. Stanford has zero chance to win one.

Not even close to the same situation.

Cythim

Reaction score
The funny thing is this decision of his was made public in the off season and no one cared until now.

Top Bottom