sbk92

Reaction score
ESPN.com news services

Urban Meyer is stepping down as football coach at Florida, the school's athletic director announced Wednesday.

"I fully grasp the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field," Meyer said.

"I will profoundly miss coming to campus every day to coach this team, but I will always be a Gator at heart," he said.

A news conference was scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

Meyer will coach his last game for Florida in the Outback Bowl against Penn State on Jan. 1 in Tampa.

The Gators, who won two national championships and two Southeastern Conference titles under Meyer, had a disappointing season in 2010, going 7-5 (4-4 SEC).

A year ago, Meyer announced he was retiring over health concerns, only to back away from that a day later and announce he was taking a leave of absence from coaching. He was back to his regular routine before spring practice

A three-time national coach of the year, Meyer posted a 64-15 record in six seasons at Florida. He also coached at Utah and Bowling Green.

sbk92

Reaction score
What he really meant....

"I came to the conclusion that the current state of the team makes me long for time with my family. So let me say goodbye now before I'm exposed as a fraud."

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick does the same when Tom Brady hangs it up. Suddenly family time will be really important. At least more appealing than going back to his Cleveland form.

Cythim

Reaction score
What he really meant....

"I came to the conclusion that the current state of the team makes me long for time with my family. So let me say goodbye now before I'm exposed as a fraud."

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick does the same when Tom Brady hangs it up. Suddenly family time will be really important. At least more appealing than going back to his Cleveland form.

Right, because it was Tom Brady and not Belichick's defensive game plan that stopped the Greatest Show on Turf.

Reaction score
Right, because it was Tom Brady and not Belichick's defensive game plan that stopped the Greatest Show on Turf.

Speaking of Belichicks defensive game plans . . . did you know that Belichicks Super Bowl defensive game plan against the Bills is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

The guy is a genius.

Top Bottom