C

Cr122

Now that we are 3-8 and you look at the other teams and their schedules we are at least looking at a top ten pick.

Name your top ten best college players, and tell me who you want our team to draft.

I know it's a bit early, but I'm interested to see what you guys think. I have a list of players in mind and I'll list them, but by the time the draft starts I might change my mind.

C

Cr122

1)Patrick Peterson CB LSU.

2) Prince Amukamara CB Neb

3) Nate Solder Col OT

4) Nick Fairley Auburn DT

5) Von Miller Tex A&M OLB Can play inside

6) Anthony Costanzo Boston College OT

7) Da 'Quan Bowers Clemson DE

8) Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA

9) Drake Nevis LSU DT

10) Derek Sherod Miss. St OT

I wouldn't mind any of these guys, and again I will edit my list up until the draft.

sbk92

Reaction score
My top 5 for our first pick.....

1) Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2) Nick Fairley DT Auburn
3) A. J. Green WR Georgia
4) Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
5) Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

C

Cr122

Ayers is really starting to grow on me.

I'll probably edit my list a few times, until the draft there's quite a few players I'm watching.

C

Cr122

Luck will be gone by the time we pick.

I'm thinking Buffalo or Carolina. Maybe even Arizona or San Fran.

Right now we have the edge on Arizona and San Fran.

Reaction score
My top 5 for our first pick.....

1) Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2) Nick Fairley DT Auburn
3) A. J. Green WR Georgia
4) Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
5) Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

You'd really want us to take him with our first pick, assuming he was available?

Reaction score
Luck will be gone by the time we pick.

I'm thinking Buffalo or Carolina. Maybe even Arizona or San Fran.

Right now we have the edge on Arizona and San Fran.

Luck won't be available. He'll be the first pick. And we're still going to win two or three more games this year.

But, assuming he was . . . dollars to donuts Jerry would trade down for more picks.

Cythim

Reaction score
If I am Minnesota I am going after Luck no matter what it takes. They wouldn't be sticking with Favre if they thought either of their backups was any good.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Luck won't be available. He'll be the first pick. And we're still going to win two or three more games this year.

But, assuming he was . . . dollars to donuts Jerry would trade down for more picks.

I would hope so... We don't even need a QB.

Reaction score
In the first two rounds, you should be pursuing starters. Especially when our team has as many holes on the offensive line and secondary.

With that in mind, if there are players with similar grades, but at positions of need, then it makes sense to trade down to a team desperate for the QB.

Just as it would be foolish to draft A.J. Green. Receivers are the hood ornaments of a football team. And we've already got two legit #1 receivers.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
In the first two rounds, you should be pursuing starters. Especially when our team has as many holes on the offensive line and secondary.

With that in mind, if there are players with similar grades, but at positions of need, then it makes sense to trade down to a team desperate for the QB.

Just as it would be foolish to draft A.J. Green. Receivers are the hood ornaments of a football team. And we've already got two legit #1 receivers.

When it comes to the draft I've always thought it should go BPA based on need as well.

You don't draft a QB in the top 10 when you already have a proven franchise QB.

We'll be picking in the top 10 for a reason... we have to start rebuilding this OLine or it doesn't matter who we have at QB, RB or WR.

Reaction score
When it comes to the draft I've always thought it should go BPA based on need as well.

You don't draft a QB in the top 10 when you already have a proven franchise QB.

We'll be picking in the top 10 for a reason... we have to start rebuilding this OLine or it doesn't matter who we have at QB, RB or WR.

Agreed.

It does get a little hairy, because Romo is 30 and it's hard to say if the collarbone will be a problem in the future. From what I understand (and I'm no doctor), a collarbone is like a nose - if you break it once, it's not that hard to break again.

Still, like you say, it doesn't matter who we have taking snaps or running the ball if we can't block. And right now, we can't.

If Luck is there, which he won't be, but if he or one of the other high QB prospects (Locker, Mallet, etc), then I'd be all about trading the pick down, adding additional selections, and infusing youth along the lines and adding a potential stalwart in the secondary.

Either that, or stay put and take a can't miss blue chip OL/DL/Secondary/LB if they're sitting there on the board.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Agreed.

It does get a little hairy, because Romo is 30 and it's hard to say if the collarbone will be a problem in the future. From what I understand (and I'm no doctor), a collarbone is like a nose - if you break it once, it's not that hard to break again.

Still, like you say, it doesn't matter who we have taking snaps or running the ball if we can't block. And right now, we can't.

If Luck is there, which he won't be, but if he or one of the other high QB prospects (Locker, Mallet, etc), then I'd be all about trading the pick down, adding additional selections, and infusing youth along the lines and adding a potential stalwart in the secondary.

Either that, or stay put and take a can't miss blue chip OL/DL/Secondary/LB if they're sitting there on the board.

Thats where I'm at... It would be waaay too beneficial for us to trade down a few spots rather than taking the QB.

We potentially need 5 new starters along the OLine, I wouldn't mind a better DE on roster, a few LBs that aren't slow, and 10 safeties. . . Thats right. 10. I'm so fuckin' sick of having bums back there. I just want Darren Woodson back.

C

Cr122

I worry about Romo, he's no spring chicken.

If a top notch QB is the BPA when we pick, I'm taking him.

Let him learn behind Romo for a few years, and he'll be ready, especially one with pro offense experience from college.

Reaction score
Agreed.

According to my brother's wife and my sis (she's a Doctor/sis RN during a Thxgiving discussion) at Romo's age it will take much more pressure than previous to break it again if they let it COMPLETELY heal.

Romo is good for at least 3 to 4 years IMO we have MUCH bigger immediate needs folks

sbk92

Reaction score
Romo is good for at least 3 to 4 years IMO we have MUCH bigger immediate needs folks

That's totally besides the point.

The draft isn't about filling needs. It's about acquiring talent. You fill needs in free agency.

You never, ever pass over a superior prospect to address a need in the draft. If you do, you suck at the process and shouldn't be in a war room.

I'd take Luck at #1 without any hesitation. I don't give a rats ass about Romo. If he's the next Manning, then I want him here. It'll sort itself out down the road. I'm not going to be the guy who bypassed the next star QB because of some greater need my team had at the time.

sbk92

Reaction score
I worry about Romo, he's no spring chicken.

If a top notch QB is the BPA when we pick, I'm taking him.

Let him learn behind Romo for a few years, and he'll be ready, especially one with pro offense experience from college.

It's not like you routinely have the opportunity to acquire a blue chip franchise QB prospect. I don't know how you pass on something like that.

Well, I know how we would. A con man oil salesman pretending he's an NFL General Manager.

I guarantee you that piece of shat wouldn't even consider a QB at the top of the draft.

Top Bottom